YoYo lbs on the scale

Options
Ok real talk!! For those of you that jump on the scale everyday (i'm guilty, hate to admit it), does your pounds go up and down back and forth everyday, or are you consistent at one weight all the time??

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    nope, up and down depending on what ive eaten and bathroom habits lol
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    So far it has been pretty consistent, but I weigh myself at the same time every day. This helps cut out the ups and downs.
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    up and down for me too
  • Molly08
    Molly08 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Always hoppin on the ole scale. It fluctuates like 4lbs throughout the day!
  • Mom71
    Mom71 Posts: 24
    Options
    I just avoid the scale right now before it was up and now all the time got me down:sad:
  • punkin_793
    Options
    For the most part consistant. I weigh myself at the same time every day. It does fluctuate a little bit, but not to bad.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Even with weighing myself consistently at the same time every morning, the pounds do fluctuate from day-to-day... Depending on water retention, time of the month, and who knows what other factors... :-)
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    Constantly up and down for me. Sometimes it can be so frustrating!
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Up and down for me too. I know the water shifts around, I lost for like 3 days last week, last couple I been up 2 or so and holding. It drives me crazy but it also makes me work harder! :)
  • faerybun
    faerybun Posts: 65
    Options
    only recently have i started to notice fluctuation and i think that's because i'm already at a healthy weight and my body wants to fight back. i've decided to keep weighing every day (cause if i dont i'm anxious about my weight all day!) but only record my weight on weds and sat!

xo
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Up and down...I was 3 pounds lighter yesterday morning compared to today!
  • beastlypie
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week (tuesday early AM) and most weeks i sneak on the scales monday night and generally go to sleep looking forward to the morning!
    i Know that if i am the same weight as the previous Tuesday AM on the Monday night that i will loose up to 1KG over night, i'm guessing its water or something...
    Sometimes if i'm not in work til late or off on the Tuesday i stay in bed (asleep longer) and get on the scales mid morning and i've lost even more than i have when i get up at 6 and weighed when the other half goes to work! :)
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Whew!!! Its good to see that i'm not the only one that the scale moves up and down about 3-4 lbs. It drives me insane! If i was a quitter, i would have been stopped by now! I need you guys to keep me scale motivated!!! To remember the BIGGER picture lol! Not the "everyday" scale image.... Either that or i am going to throw my scale away, then i'll really be jacked up
  • jimmymonkey
    Options
    I envy your wt loss. I'm only down 12 lbs in 2 months (and that was all in the first month) and seem to be stuck there. I'm so very discouraged right now. I have some knee problems and am awaiting surgery in a couple of months so exercise is out of the question..I'm sticking to 1200 cal. daily and drinking my water, but still nothing...it goes up and down 1 or 2 pounds every day..I'm not going to give up, but I sure wish something would happen soon. :cry:
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I always weigh when I get up after toilet time, and it goes up and down daily. I usually do a weigh and measure in twice a week.
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I try and stay away from the scale, but it is so tempting. As women we do fluctuate from time to time:smile:
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I envy your wt loss. I'm only down 12 lbs in 2 months (and that was all in the first month) and seem to be stuck there. I'm so very discouraged right now. I have some knee problems and am awaiting surgery in a couple of months so exercise is out of the question..I'm sticking to 1200 cal. daily and drinking my water, but still nothing...it goes up and down 1 or 2 pounds every day..I'm not going to give up, but I sure wish something would happen soon. :cry:

Don't be discouraged! 12 lbs in 2 months is good!!! i've been at this for a year! What i've learned is if you're exercising the 1200 calories may not be enough for you!
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Constantly up & down but I only record the down numbers so I feel stuck all the time. I've only lost 4 lbs in almost 2 mos - UGH!! BUT I refuse to give up because one day it has to all be in sync.
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself the same time everyday is the best answer. Also, we tend to get heavier as the day progresses due to our diets and the water retention from those diets. I know that I have lost weight when I get down a certain wait in the morning and my body weight does not go beyond the last lowest weight that I weighed in at.
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Weigh yourself the same time everyday is the best answer. Also, we tend to get heavier as the day progresses due to our diets and the water retention from those diets. I know that I have lost weight when I get down a certain wait in the morning and my body weight does not go beyond the last lowest weight that I weighed in at.

TC,

I weigh myself the same tine every morning and it either goes down consistently for a few days, then do nothing, and then go up... How do i know what's the accurate weight??