HRM?

Options
After reading some post on here I think I need to buy a HRM.

I looked online and i see them from like $20 to $300
I do not have tons of money to spend on it so what is a price point i should spend to know i'm not getting junk?

what should they have / do? what is over kill?
Thanks

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Polar is a good brand and you'll spend in the 100~ range. They have varied features, you want to look for what you need/will use. If you're never gonna swim, why worry about waterproof? kwim?

Chest strap is essential. The watch style ones just don't cut it.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Bump
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i use A body media costco sells them $149.99 and its awesome I couldnt do without it
  • danridge
    danridge Posts: 23
    Options
    I just purchased a polar ft60 this week at eastern mountain sports on clearance for $79.99, regularly $219.99
    They also have the ft7 for $39.99
    If you have a store close to you it may be worth a look.

Dan
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    I have polar FT 40 you can buy it at http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com for $159.95

5115125.png
  • CampinGal34
    CampinGal34 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I didn't want anything fancy, just to clock my Heart rate and calories...found an Polar FT4 on ebay for 60...LOVE IT!!! Best investment ever!! I love to know how I'm really doing instead of the computer telling me (which, by the way, I've noticed the MFP calories burned they give you are really off) Good Luck!!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I looked into a polar and really liked what I found although I went with a timex road watch or something like that. It does everything the polar does and it also has a chest strap and I got it for like 70 bucks. It is on its way here so I am not sure how things are going to work out but I am excited about it and am looking forward to seeing the difference between what the HRM says and what the machines at the gym say and how much difference there is in between them
  • blittle40
    blittle40 Posts: 31
    Options
    I just bought a polar last week and I really like it..it came with the watch and chest strap so I can wear either or..and I have a bodybugg. So far the bodybugg is the most accurate but its expensive...its 200 but you have to pay a subscription every month...for the year its 100..
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I bought a New Balance N2 with the chest strap on E-Bay for under $40 and I love it!