Not going it alone

I'm so glad I found this site because when I want to eat because I'm down or bored I just come here and read about all of you who are trying to do the same as me. Lose a little weight and sometimes it seems like it is just me and then I come here and read and know I'm not alone. My husband isn't into dieting but my daughter is trying to eat healthier too but she doesn't need to lose weight. I decided it was time when my blood pressure skyrocketed. And you know I do feel better when I get on the treadmill and walk, but sometimes its just hard to get motivated, so again I come here and then feel much better. Thanks to all of you who post in here, you have helped more than you know.

Replies

• kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    I'm so glad I found this site because when I want to eat because I'm down or bored I just come here and read about all of you who are trying to do the same as me. Lose a little weight and sometimes it seems like it is just me and then I come here and read and know I'm not alone. My husband isn't into dieting but my daughter is trying to eat healthier too but she doesn't need to lose weight. I decided it was time when my blood pressure skyrocketed. And you know I do feel better when I get on the treadmill and walk, but sometimes its just hard to get motivated, so again I come here and then feel much better. Thanks to all of you who post in here, you have helped more than you know.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    kjllose,

You are so right! I love coming here for stories of others' successes and frustrations and the knowledge everyone shares.

I have no room in my one bedroom condo for exercise equipment. Right now the weather is great and it is easy to get out and walk. I know I am going to have to add strength training soon so I made an appointment to visit a "Curves" womens' exercise center.

I find it really helps to play upbeat music and think about only the music and my body while working out. It's a meditative experience for me.

I've missed a couple days of workouts because I'm going away for a week, and I've been running errands. Sometimes it's hard to squeeze it in.

You are an inspiration to us, just as we are to you. And what a great example you are setting for your daughter!

Hang in!

cm
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    I was thinking about joining Curves also.
    I have to get more info on it though.

I wish we lived close to eachother cm!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Skinnier_me,

That was a nice thing to say! I think we would friends, too! Wanna go to Vegas with us (the "girls") next week? Next spring I'm going to the Bahamas for a wild-dolphin swim experience. I'm staring planning now, so I can recruit travel-pals and pick some dates, and save the $$. I grew up in Florida, and don't get back very often since my parents died. I'm an "only" child - with four step siblings who live in the southeast. Yep, Seattle is very far from Rochester.

Are those your babies' pictures? They are really beautiful!

I haven't decided if I'm taking my laptop to Vegas. I'm going to miss the daily check-ins, but realistically - there is the BEST food in Vegas- and never enough time. I'll be with my friend who is also seriously losing (post baby) weight, so we're having one good meal a day, and snacks the rest of the time. I suppose there will be some Italian gelato for one of the meals.......I'm not doing "Curves" until we get back.

cm
  • Hey, I was just reading up on the strength training it is definitely a way to go. If you haven't started, today is the day :) Even if it is working with some weights at home. Building muscle is an excellent way to lose weight because even resting, muscle burns more calories just being there. Isn't that cool? If you build and add muscle, you can work off more calories while you're typing on the boards ;)

Muscle is heavier then fat, though so the scale might not reflect 'weigh loss' but the added muscle is way more compact...thus the shaplier body!

Good luck to all of ya! And great job so far!