How do you handle it when the compliments start rolling in?

Options
I am pretty laid-back... a "granola", "crunchy" type of girl and i have been overweight to downright obese most of my adult life. I am not used to getting complements on my looks and definitely not at the frequency in which i've been getting them lately. I am still a good 20 pounds from my goal weight and can easily point out all my flaws (BELLY!) but i can also appreciate that i have made great strides, acheived a lot and am doing things i never even dreamed were possible for me, so i guess it boils down to this: how do i respond? I try humility and modesty but when the complements are posted in a public forum, like Facebook, i worry that others will think "geez enough with her big head already!" ... I am getting uncomfortable with the attention and any words of advice on how to get thru it would be appreciated! THANK YOU!

Replies

• pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Just a simple thank you is enough. Own your gorgeousness you have earnt it.
  • pooh072572
    Options
    agree totally!
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    HOT MOMMA!!! Sorry another compliment! But you look good! Good job on your weightloss!! You look so much younger and vibrant! EMBRACE those compliments! I agree, say "thank you" and enjoy it!!!
  • Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    a simple thank you is all thats needed. if someone doesnt like that you are getting complements, to hell with them. be proud of what you have accomplished! Enjoy those complements! (its hard, i know! I hate attention too!)
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    same here, just a thank you. Some people try to make it more than that, and I just try to say that I have been working for a while, and have a few more goals to accomplish and try to leave it at that. Good luck and congrats.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I just say thank you and smile and hope they don't ask any more questions.