How to Log?

Options
Ok, I've been working out to the certain DVD's like Leslie Sansone and my newest addition, Bootcamp Calorie Burn with Kendall Hogan. Now I know some of the post state you log in under Walking at 3mph. But to me it's more like Aerobics. Do you think I should keep logging under walking? That Bootcamp DVD is very high in intensity. I do modify some of the moves but I still get a very good intense workout. Any suggestions? Oh, the Leslie Sansone is a 20 minute workout and the Bootcamp is 30. Now I only do 15 mintutes right now, but with intensity.

Replies

• ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i myself have been doing the Sansone 'walk 5 miles' but in the videos she herself refers to the activity as aerobic workouts... specifying the 'boosted' walk portions as being high impact... so that's how i've been logging mine.. a mix of high and low impact aerobics *S*

not sure if it is correct as i dont have an HRM yet, but seems about right to me.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness...Great minds must think alike..I just started the Bootcamp calorie burn with Kendell Hogan about two weeks ago...I also do Walk at Home with Leslie Sansone at least 32 minutes each day...I don't have an HRM yet, so I use that MFP says..

I log the WAH program as walking, brisk pace, 4.0 mph...since its starts out around 3.0 and you build and get up to more than 5.0mph...I just take the average because I dont want to over-estimate my calorie burn...

I log the Kendell Hogan BCCB as general aerobics...those 30 minutes are a KILLER...LOL...
  • helluva4
    helluva4 Posts: 51
    Options
    OK guys, yes that makes sense to me...thanks for input, I will start logging under Aerobics. Yes that Bootcamp DVD is a killer but an awesome workout. I love Leslie too but I like to switch it up to work on certain areas and to keep that burn going!