What is a healthy way to look at binge eating?

Options
It's definitely not something I do often, but when I do it takes an extremely hard blow to my self esteem. In the past, it would get to a point where I would consider purging myself just to know that the food I ate wasn't going to set myself back too much.
I don't know if I'm taking this dieting thing too seriously, but I would really like some feedback, please.
Thanks,
Katie

Replies

• loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    Sadly, you are taking the world "diet" itself too personal :(
    Getting healthy isn't about depriving yourself, its about finding what works for your body and perfecting that.
    You can do this! DON'T put yourself on a "diet". Instead, eat healthier and get moving!

:) Good luck!
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    It's definitely not something I do often, but when I do it takes an extremely hard blow to my self esteem. In the past, it would get to a point where I would consider purging myself just to know that the food I ate wasn't going to set myself back too much.
    I don't know if I'm taking this dieting thing too seriously, but I would really like some feedback, please.
    Thanks,
    Katie

Same :( in fact, im having that issue this evening and its stressing me out somuch.
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    Exactly! If you look at it as a diet, that's all it will ever be. If you look at it as a way to better yourself and your health, it becomes much easier.
    We all have our days. Like I said, the "set back" happens when you give in and let it consume you.. in which you quit or give up. THAT'S when you'll have a set back.
    Push through it hun. Lesson learned. Use this to better yourself, not hinder yourself.
  • valleypal
    Options
    i do the same sometimes as well. and i know about the blow to one's self esteem. i think it's about eating healthier-there's a point to the old saying "everything in moderation". and when you splurge, don't beat yourself up...i think it's okay to do that sometimes. remember "everything in moderation" -good luck and you can do this:)
  • kaitlinmre
    kaitlinmre Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess I'll try and lighten up a bit