Eating schedule disrupted

Options
I would like to say I REALLY enjoy the support that the MFP community gives, so I have another question, and this my sound stupid so bare with me. What do you do when you eating schedule gets interrupted??? For some reason I woke up at 5a.m. and ate about 8 oz. of whole wheat pasta with 8 oz. of turkey marinara….don’t ask, a good hearty healthy breakfast?...maybe, maybe not?? (Over 1000 in calories…again don’t ask). I had job interview today at 11 and then stopped off at the grocery store for some shopping. Needless to say my car took a crap and I spent 3 hours trying to get that fixed, while that was happening I had an 8” turkey sub on whole grain wheat bread, didn’t have time to eat in between which would have been better. It’s now 5:15pm and I am full and content right now. Because I am almost at my max. for calories for the day, do you think a protein shake would be good for the remainder of the day???

Replies

• Jhenry20
    Jhenry20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd say you've probably already had a good share of the carbs you need for the day :) and probably protein too. My advice would be to eat some fruit or vegetables if that will satisfy you- but if it's really the protein shake you want, then have it. Just go on tomorrow like nothing out of the ordinary happened today ;) That's what I do when I have a day where my eating schedule is disrupted.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    look one day will not hurt you that bad in the lifestyle change we are all on sometimes life don't go our way. just do what you need to do to get thru the day log it and forget it. tomorrow is a new day.
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Not a stupid question at all. Some people find if they stick to a strict schedule, that helps them keep on track and not overeat. If you are one of them, it can be difficult to deviate from the set schedule.

That said, it's ok to switch things up occasionally. Sometimes life throws us speed bumps, and we end up going way off plan. A few days ago I had two very stressful days of TERRIBLE eating. I just have to remember not to beat myself up and stay on plan now that those days are over.

If you get hungry again later tonight, have a snack. If not, great. Try to stay close to your calorie limit, and remember that going a couple hundred calories over your limit every once in a blue moon is not going to ruin your efforts! Just try to get back on track tomorrow. Good luck :smile:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My schedule gets disrupted regularly lol
    I'm a PSW working for an agency so I get called all over to replace other workers when they are sick or on vacation. Always different shifts and times. Because of that I always have snacks in my bag with me and I also set up my diary in 4 hour intervals starting from midnight to 4am and ending at 8pm - midnight... especially since I sometimes even get called in for overnights.
  • just4laughs
    Options
    I would defiantly say I’ve had my crabs for the day….lololol. That pasta was good too!!!!!!!!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'd say record it, have something healthy for dinner and move on.
    It's called life! Don't sweat it.