My "ah-ha" moment!

Options
When can you learn to be humble enough to accept a compliment? There are still times when people tell me it really looks like I'm slimming down and I think, 'are they just saying that to be nice or because they think that's what I want to hear?' How come I just can't take the compliment at face value instead of thinking that there is some underlying message behind it? Everyone can't be wrong, right? When will I be able to see myself as others see me?

I was on auto pilot when I went to JcPennys a few weeks ago and went straight for the bigger sizes. My husband, who was standing behind me, grabbed me by my shoulders and steered me into the junior's department. I nervously shook my head. He picked up some pants from the rack, without even looking at the size, held them against me, put them in my hand, and pointed toward the fitting room. Wow! They actually fit. I wasn't busting out the seams and they looked flattering. Size 13 in junior's jeans. When I was the age of juniors I wasn't wearing junior size clothes!!

So even if I don't believe all the compliments, I should atleast believe the clothes. And trust the process. It didn't happen overnight, but it is hard to come to grips that my body is changing for the better!

Thanks for reading it. I finally had my ah-ha moment!

Replies

• MemphisMarly
    Options
    I'm glad your husband was there to help you see the changes. :)

PS - You're over 2/3 of the way to your goal.. time to feel more confident in your results!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    PS - You're over 2/3 of the way to your goal.. time to feel more confident in your results!
    Exactly!! If you don't feel entirely confident in the results that everyone else is seeing, fake it! Fake it till you make it! You are doing so great, and you are such an inspiration! You deserve to feel deserving of compliments that you have worked hard for!! :smooched:
  • terrivision
    terrivision Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great story thanks for sharing. I know how you feel. Sometimes you get stuck on the body parts you still want to change. Thank God for wonderful husbands like yours and mine.
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You're husband sounds like a good man! You are doing amazing work.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you finally had you ah-ha moment! Super job girl! You are rocking it!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My daughter pulled some jeans out of the dryer and didn't realize they were mine until she tried to put her leg in them and they were a million miles too long. Yep. My jeans are now small enough that my non-observant 7 year old mistaked them for her own.
  • danaclang
    danaclang Posts: 28
    Options
    Great story, you deserve it! Congrats on your progress.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!! Believe those clothes they know more then our own minds do:) hehe All your hard work is paying off!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!