Elle's Still Truckin'

Options
well i am so sick. bad cold that is in my chest and head. i finally caved and took the day off....

yesterday went pretty well... i got caught and could not have dinner so i has an unplanned snack at about 5pm. here is how it went:

breakfast: 1.5 cups cheerios
1 cup skim milk

snack: 2 fibre cookies

snack: 1 yogurt
1 fruit cup peaches
4 fibre cookies

lunch: 2/3 cup chili with 1.5 cups rice
1 apple sauce

1 fruit cup peaches (need to get groceries)

snack: 1/2 tuna sandwich onmultigrain (this was the unplanned snack to tide me over.)

supper: 1 steak, 2 cups rice, mushroom sauce

so, not a bad day, but not a great day. i didn't binge, and i didn't overeat in one sitting, but i did eat more throughout the day than i should have.

the unplanned snack was a big challenge for me. i had to go up to the college to pick up a cheque, so i was surrounded by all aof the bad things in the caf. i knew i had to have something though, because if i went to get groceries hungry, things would have gotten ugly. i went shopping, got only what i needed and for the first time in about 5 years i didn't stop at wendy's to eat before goign home and having dinner lol. that is awesome.

i have been good the last 5 days, so i treated myself to a nice steak dinner. i savoured every bite and enjoyed it. i don't normally do that, i just stuff it in. it tasted great and should tide me over until next weekend when i allow myself a steak again.

i feel rotten, will likely not eat alot today other than soup, but i'm going to take it easy and try to feel better. here's to today!

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    well i am so sick. bad cold that is in my chest and head. i finally caved and took the day off....

yesterday went pretty well... i got caught and could not have dinner so i has an unplanned snack at about 5pm. here is how it went:

breakfast: 1.5 cups cheerios
    1 cup skim milk

snack: 2 fibre cookies

1 fruit cup peaches
    4 fibre cookies

lunch: 2/3 cup chili with 1.5 cups rice
    1 apple sauce

1 fruit cup peaches (need to get groceries)

snack: 1/2 tuna sandwich onmultigrain (this was the unplanned snack to tide me over.)

supper: 1 steak, 2 cups rice, mushroom sauce

so, not a bad day, but not a great day. i didn't binge, and i didn't overeat in one sitting, but i did eat more throughout the day than i should have.

the unplanned snack was a big challenge for me. i had to go up to the college to pick up a cheque, so i was surrounded by all aof the bad things in the caf. i knew i had to have something though, because if i went to get groceries hungry, things would have gotten ugly. i went shopping, got only what i needed and for the first time in about 5 years i didn't stop at wendy's to eat before goign home and having dinner lol. that is awesome.

i have been good the last 5 days, so i treated myself to a nice steak dinner. i savoured every bite and enjoyed it. i don't normally do that, i just stuff it in. it tasted great and should tide me over until next weekend when i allow myself a steak again.

i feel rotten, will likely not eat alot today other than soup, but i'm going to take it easy and try to feel better. here's to today!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    To not feel good - you did great - keep it up. Hope you feel better
  • Dropka
    Options
    Just do one day at time! Keep up the great work and the wonderful attitude!!!! We're here for you.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    You're doing fabulous!:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Elle-- that's awesome. I'm really interested in following you during this-- your openness about all of your emotions is really sweet and truly typifies all of us-- even those of us unaccumstomed to sharing our feelings.

Your unplanned snack seemed healthy enough-- watch the pre-made tuna salad, though. I was at a local convenience store the other day, WAWA, and they have tuna and chicken salad pre-packaged and a 5 ounce serving, which seemed to me to be just enough to make a sandwich, had 500+ calories.

Feel better and keep staying strong-- I'm rooting for you here in New Jersey!!

:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: