30 day shred... anyone?

Options
Does anyone want to do the 30day shred with me? I just started it today.. i took measurements and will do my weight and pics tomorrow! i think it would be awsome to see how many inches everyone has lost in the 30 days.... do ur measurments today and then again on 30 days... im doing level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days, and level 3 for 10 days! hope to get some people to do it with me :)

Replies

• LaurenH2010
    Options
    Yeah I will do it with you? Are you doing any other exercise or just the shred?
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'd love to, I've done it before and thought it was really effective, BUT - I am recovering from a sprained foot and don't know if it might be too high impact just yet!! I will give it a go tomorrow and see how I get on but not sure I can manage jumping jacks just yet. :smile:
  • jselman34
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred?
  • KKOLB1
    KKOLB1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good luck! First time I did it it kicked my butt! Don't give up, just think of jillian sreaming at you. She gets real annoying after a while. I lost 34#'s the 1st time I did the shred in 4 months. Did it again & didn't lose as much so I moved on to elliptical agan. Have fun!
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    I start level 2 tomorrow or Tuesday. I'd love to do it with you anyway. I LOVE it. Frankly it's a way better workout than just running on the treadmill. I've lost inches off my waist, and legs from doing it 4 times a week. Just make sure you take the time to do the exercises correctly so you don't get any knee injuries. It does put a lot of stress on your knees. When I did it 15lbs heavier my knees would kill, but since I lost that weight I have no pain. Also start out doing the easier moves and work up to doing the advanced. You will be very sore the first week.
    Good luck! Hopefully Julian doesn't annoy you too badly!
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! I will do it with you! I think it would be fun to have a buddy or group to follow along with and I will do before pics and measurements as well!! friend me and we can follow along together!
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do it as well! I actually just started it.. again.. as well. I keep starting the shred, then getting through like.. 10 days of level one and just stopping. I hope this'll help!
    Also- yeah I do agree Jillian can get a bit annoying hahaha. I memorized the circuits from level one, so I just turn on the DVD, turn down the volume and turn up my workout music. It really helps get me movin because I can still watch them, but I've got the high pumping music helping me go.

Let's do this! ^_^
  • mrsbarton
    mrsbarton Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    thats what we did today lol.. my husband and i did it, and we shut off the audio.. did this for like 2 weeks last oct when i first got it but then just stopped lol.. this time i am doing it all the way through.. i am doing this for 30 days and walking a mile a day on the treadmill.. i wanna do this for a month then do jillian micheals no trouble zones for a month and then my hubby and i wanna do insanity, but i have to get in better shape b4 we do that lol... everyone that wants to do it friend me and we will get through this together! today was my first day so 29 more to go.. i will be doing this mon-friday and then i will just add an extra mile into my walk on saturdays and add in a 10 min strength as well! so sundays will be my only off days.. I started the shred today bc i was thinking i wanna start it NOW and not tomorrow.. lol yayyy im excited you guys!!!! :) make sure everyone takes measurments!!!
  • LaurenH2010
    Options
    Does anyone know how to estimate the calories burned by doing the 30 day shred without haveing a heart rate monitor? The one I have is highly inaccurate
  • HeatherColabove
    Options
    I've seen other people say you should log the 30 day shred as circut training..... I'm on day 6 today....and that's
    how I've been doing it.
  • mrsbarton
    mrsbarton Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    any one still doing this? what day are you on now? im on day 3.. since i didnt do it all the way yesterday since i was soooooooooooooo sore.... today im going to do it and do a extra mile on the treadmill to make up from yesterday! lol do anyone have ON-DEMAND on their tv? i have it and it has a excersize tv on their and there are TONSSSSS of work outs! i do like 2 of those throught out the day as well
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yup I'm on day 4 level 1 today!
    Yesterday I did the shred along with her yoga meltdown DVD.. my back is killing me today! I'm still just going to do the shred today though..
    And I'm doing it off of U-verse on demand.. but I have the DVD's as well for when I work up to the higher levels :)
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it but I've been doing it for about 2 weeks now. I started level 2 last night and woooooo-eeeee its hard! Hahaha harder cardio and just harder everything! But i'd love to keep in touch with yall through here and we can talk about it and share results and what not!! :)
  • mmannequinn
    mmannequinn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 24....but i'm doing each level for 30 days ;) i'm gonna start level 2 soon! i can't wait! xo