Arctic Zero (ice cream substitute) 150 calories per PINT

Options
I was craving dessert tonight, so I was at the grocery store looking through the sorbets. I came across this and just tore through a half pint of the Vanilla Maple. The whole pint has 150 calories, 0 grams of fat, 320 mg sodium, 24 carbs, 8 grams fiber, 20 grams sugar and 13.6 grams of protein! I will definitely be trying the other flavors!

I just had to share this with you!

Replies

• BuckeyeLuvvvva
    BuckeyeLuvvvva Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Spice yummmm
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I was excited to find this last week since it is so low carb. I didn't notice till I had some that it is fat free. It's like ice milk, blech! They took all the happy out. *sigh*

If you don't mind ice milk, go for it, but I didn't care for it.
  • Brannyrocks
    Options
    does it use any of the fake sugars? Sound good.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'll keep that mind when my kids beg for a treat!!!! Thanks for the info!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Branny, the one I have uses cane sugar
  • sexyjeans
    sexyjeans Posts: 49
    Options
    I don't care for it either. I LOVE ice cream and frozen yogurt but this has no flavor. :-(
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i loooove arctic zero! cookies n cream and chocolate mint are my two favorite! I eat them post work out for protein :) they are the best!
  • Brannyrocks
    Options
    Branny, the one I have uses cane sugar

Awesome. I get very sick from the fake stuff. sounds like I could have this.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I wonder if we can get this product in Canada? I'd like to try it!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    take my advice and spend your $5 elsewhere, mamagooskie!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I like it once in a while, it is basically a frozen protein shake. The pumpkin spice and coffee flavors are pretty good.
  • jennand621
    Options
    Update: The strawberry flavor is not good. Not good at all.

The chocolate and vanilla maple are good in my book. I would like to try the pumpkin spice, the coffee and mint chocolate flavors, but my store doesn't carry them.
  • Rowanana
    Rowanana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just tried the mint chocolate flavour. It tastes pretty good but it goes from hard-to-eat ice to -gross-sticky-melty-gunk in 30 seconds flat. Ugh.

If you have no qualms about creepy textures and can eat really fast, go for it. I probably won't get it again though, which is a shame because the taste is really quite nice.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I haven't tried vanilla maple yet, but I plan to. I'd say to avoid the Cookies and Cream flavor and the Strawberry. They were odd to say the least.
    Peanut Butter Chocolate and Mint Chocolate are the best IMO.
    I nuke them on the lowest setting for almost a minute to make them more scoopable.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I just bought it too. Agree with the poste who suggested you freeze your protein shake. Tat is what it is. Freezes like an ice cube. Does not taste like ice cream at all. I got chocolate peanut butter and I would rather have chocolate milk blended with pb. It's not gross but it is not ice cream... Or chocolate... Or peanut butter
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    My local grocery stores don't seem to carry it yet. :cry:
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I guess it's a to each his own kinda thing, I love Arctic Zero and find it a perfectly acceptable sub for chocolate ice cream. Of course it's not going to taste like bryers, it is only 150 cals per pint, but it's delish.
  • RestartThisRight
    Options
    VANILLA MAPLE IS MY FAVORITE!!!