New..."assisting" challenge

Options
Morning my fellow MFPers!! :flowerforyou:

While getting ready this morning, I suddenly realized that Thanksgiving is coming up and it will be the first I've had as a married woman and I will most likely be going to the in-laws for dinner with all of the friends and family.

Seems like nada, right?? Maybe to the average joe, but not this gal! See, I have been dreaming of the times where I would be able to look FABULOUS during the winter holiday season wearing a sweater dress or whatever hot little number......

Now, I am part of the Biggest Weight Loser challenge and have a side challenge with a pal of mine....but I have a goal of at least 10 pounds by Novemeber 27th. Since I lift regurarly, I don't see the scale going down too much, SO I'm going to add in the goals in inches!

Currently I sit at the following:
Neck-14"
Rib cage-36.5"
Waist-34"
Hip-41"
Around the Bum-43"
Thigh-25"

I would like to be by Turkey Day
Neck-13"
Rib cage- 35"
Waist- 32"
Hip- 39"
Bum-40"
Thigh- 23"

Now, that seems like quite a drop, but I know I can do it. Who's in with me? I'm going to call it the Turkey Day Challenge, and to prevent messing with the BWL challenge weigh-ins, I'm going to say Thursday is a GREAT day to weigh in and measure up!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Morning my fellow MFPers!! :flowerforyou:

While getting ready this morning, I suddenly realized that Thanksgiving is coming up and it will be the first I've had as a married woman and I will most likely be going to the in-laws for dinner with all of the friends and family.

Seems like nada, right?? Maybe to the average joe, but not this gal! See, I have been dreaming of the times where I would be able to look FABULOUS during the winter holiday season wearing a sweater dress or whatever hot little number......

Now, I am part of the Biggest Weight Loser challenge and have a side challenge with a pal of mine....but I have a goal of at least 10 pounds by Novemeber 27th. Since I lift regurarly, I don't see the scale going down too much, SO I'm going to add in the goals in inches!

Currently I sit at the following:
    Neck-14"
    Rib cage-36.5"
    Waist-34"
    Hip-41"
    Around the Bum-43"
    Thigh-25"

I would like to be by Turkey Day
    Neck-13"
    Rib cage- 35"
    Waist- 32"
    Hip- 39"
    Bum-40"
    Thigh- 23"

Now, that seems like quite a drop, but I know I can do it. Who's in with me? I'm going to call it the Turkey Day Challenge, and to prevent messing with the BWL challenge weigh-ins, I'm going to say Thursday is a GREAT day to weigh in and measure up!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • carak2000
    Options
    I'll join you! I'm also part of the BWL Challenge - but the more challenges the better. And, I have high school reunion coming up around Thanksgiving, so it's perfect additional incentive. Thanks for starting this!
  • Fab140
    Options
    Not a problem!! What's your starting weight and measurements carak? I've posted my goals in my profile so I can't lose them! :happy:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I think that is a great idea!! I too always want to look smashing for the holidays! I'm hoping to be around 145 for Thanksgiving and 140 for Christmas, but you mentioned doing inches instead of weight since you are lifting. I think I would like to do both, but how do you come up with your inches lost? I mean, how do you caculate that...What is a healthy amount of inches to lose in 2 months??

And dang it! I forgot to measure myself AGAIN this morning :mad: I will remember!
    Or maybe it would just be easier to wait until I have my fitness evaluation at the gym...They'll do my measurements, won't they?
  • Fab140
    Options
    I think that is a great idea!! I too always want to look smashing for the holidays! I'm hoping to be around 145 for Thanksgiving and 140 for Christmas, but you mentioned doing inches instead of weight since you are lifting. I think I would like to do both, but how do you come up with your inches lost? I mean, how do you caculate that...What is a healthy amount of inches to lose in 2 months??

And dang it! I forgot to measure myself AGAIN this morning :mad: I will remember!
    Or maybe it would just be easier to wait until I have my fitness evaluation at the gym...They'll do my measurements, won't they?

The gym should, yes.

As for "healthy" amount of inches lost, I couldn't tell ya! It depends on how your losing those inches, I think. I'll be working out and lifting and watching my portions, so two inches shouldn't be a problem. I'm not ashamed to tell you that I have a fair amount of "spare tire" :laugh: that will come off quickly.

As for how to calculate it, you're just simply measuring and with weight loss, the measurments should be going down as well.
  • NewMK08
    Options
    Okay, I guess time will tell, but you're right..If I go about this the right way then the inches should come off!!

Is that the sweater dress you're hoping to wear? It's way cute!!
  • Fab140
    Options
    Yup :bigsmile: I love Victoria's Secret clothing!!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I might as well join you girls also. I am also in the Biggest Loser Challenge. So maybe between this one and the BL challenge and one the rec center here is doing starting on Oct 1st I can lose my weight.

Starting weight today is 280 lbs. Goal Weight 265
    Neck 15.25 14.75
    rib cage 42.25 41
    waist 56.75 55
    hip 59.25 58
    around the bum 57 55
    thigh 30 27

I cant seem to lose in the neck though. I am seeing the measurements go down everywhere else but not really in the neck to much.

Connie
  • NewMK08
    Options
    Yup :bigsmile: I love Victoria's Secret clothing!!

Me too! Although while I was looking for new running socks in Wal-Mart last night I saw some REALLY cute sweater dresses in the clothes section...I might have to go grab one for the fall festivities!! That way I can shrink :wink: out of it and not have to worry about losing too much money :bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Options
    Welcome Connie!!

Losing in your neck is going to be slow due to simple lack of inches to lose there. Just keep measuring! ANd bravo on you losses so far!!

MK: I know the dresses you're talking about!! That's when I came up with this idea!:flowerforyou: Cute cute cute!
  • carak2000
    Options
    Yay!

My weight and measurements for today are:

Weight: 119.5
    Neck: 11.25
    Ribcage: 27.5
    Waist: 27.75
    Hips: 36

I don't really have a specific goal weight or inches lost. But, I am currently wearing size 6/8 jeans and I would like to get back in my size 2s by Thanksgiving - so that's my goal!

Go team!

PS - I thought I would add that I know all those numbers up there look really small, but I'm only 4'10.5". Just thought I'd clarify :).
  • Fab140
    Options
    PS - I thought I would add that I know all those numbers up there look really small, but I'm only 4'10.5". Just thought I'd clarify :).

Darlin', you are adorable. :flowerforyou:

To fit into your size 2s from your size 6s, Id say maybe a 2-3" goal for loss in the hip and thigh area would be a great goal.

What kind of workouts do you do?
  • carak2000
    Options

To fit into your size 2s from your size 6s, Id say maybe a 2-3" goal for loss in the hip and thigh area would be a great goal.

Thanks :). I LOVE taking spinning classes - I spin 5 days a week. I also take one yoga class and one dance class a week. And on non-spinning days, I do the elliptical (or run on the treadmill if no ellipticals are available). I also do weights for my core and arms, on alternating days (although, not necessarily every day). I don't do a legs day for weights since my legs are already pretty muscular since I used to dance and since i spin so much.
  • Fab140
    Options

Thanks :). I LOVE taking spinning classes - I spin 5 days a week. I also take one yoga class and one dance class a week. And on non-spinning days, I do the elliptical (or run on the treadmill if no ellipticals are available). I also do weights for my core and arms, on alternating days (although, not necessarily every day). I don't do a legs day for weights since my legs are already pretty muscular since I used to dance and since i spin so much.

Awesome! You're just a mover and a shaker! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • carak2000
    Options

Awesome! You're just a mover and a shaker! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Haha. I like to thinks so :bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Options
    Alright then!

I will see y'all next Thursday for a chek-in and we can just focus on measurements seeing as our weight is important and also being posted everywhere else!

:flowerforyou: This is going to be fun!!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    ...I cant seem to lose in the neck though. I am seeing the measurements go down everywhere else but not really in the neck to much...

You are sooo not alone! I'm not seeing much of a change in my neck, either.

Ok, I'm in too! Love the Thursday weigh in day. It's later in the week, which gives me a chance to rebound from my weekend indiscretions! :laugh: I'm going to make it my official weigh in day permanently.

Here are my measurements for the challenge:

Neck- 16
    Rib cage- 44
    Waist- 44
    Hip- 56 (Good Lord!! Look at my waist to hip ratio!)
    Bum- 58 (Daaaamn! I got a lotta junk in my trunk!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )
    Thigh- 33.5
  • marisa0918
    Options
    ohh I want to join. I have been wanting to join a challage but they all seem to be in the middle. I'll post my measurements when i get home from work. Here are a couple I took the other day.

Weight 152 (gained a couple pounds with aunt flow uggg)
    Waist 34.5
    Hip 39
    Chest 34

I would like to get down to 140-145 by Thanksgiving. Not sure what measurements would go with that weight?
  • Fab140
    Options
    Welcome Marisa and Lovely!!

We will see you Thursday under "Turkey Day Challenge!!"

:flowerforyou:
    M