Just wanted to share....

Options
AmberLiscous
AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
I thought this was worth sharing. Before i started using MFP i tried losing weight on my own.:grumble: I would keep track of what i was eating by writing every thing down in a notebook....Obviously i was not very successful because here I am and I absolutely love MFP. Anyways I found that notebook that i wrote everything down in and I figured out that 11 months ago I was 32 pounds heavier than I am today. It took me from April until October (6 months) to lose 15 pounds....6 MONTHS.....I will say this was yo-yo dieting...one week i would do good and the next I wouldn't lose so I would get mad:explode: Anyways since I have started MFP I have lost 17 pounds, 8 1/2 inches off of my waist, and 6 inches off of my hips in 2 months....2 MONTHS!!! I was amazed when I realized just how well I was doing... I mean I knew I was doing good but I just wish I had found this sight 11 months ago :smile: MFP has truly changed my life and I am so thankful that someone took the time to tell me about this site....Do me a favor and tell someone....you may just change someones life:happy:

Replies

• BrocksMommy
    BrocksMommy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thats great!! I love to read the sucess stories!! I am just starting out and hoping I will be able to say the same thing as you are in just a few months!!! :))
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, So far I got my cousins (2), my Daughter in Law, 2 co workers and my best friend. Then I found out my own daughter is on here too. Got my own 6-pack!
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    did one better told 2 trainers at the gym.. now there are about 15-20 people from the gym here
  • cbbradshaw
    Options
    Well said!! A friend told me about this site and it has changed my life too. It really helps me to focus and stay on track. Love it!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm here because I asked a question on a weight loss facebook page and someone took the time to send me a private message to tell me about MFP. Now I've got my Mom on here with me.
  • HappyRN
    HappyRN Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome! Congrats on your progress!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hooray for progress and life changes!
  • mowrynation
    Options
    Thanks to my friend Beth, I found this site!! I feel the same way and have been telling people about it!
    I thought this was worth sharing. Before i started using MFP i tried losing weight on my own.:grumble: I would keep track of what i was eating by writing every thing down in a notebook....Obviously i was not very successful because here I am and I absolutely love MFP. Anyways I found that notebook that i wrote everything down in and I figured out that 11 months ago I was 32 pounds heavier than I am today. It took me from April until October (6 months) to lose 15 pounds....6 MONTHS.....I will say this was yo-yo dieting...one week i would do good and the next I wouldn't lose so I would get mad:explode: Anyways since I have started MFP I have lost 17 pounds, 8 1/2 inches off of my waist, and 6 inches off of my hips in 2 months....2 MONTHS!!! I was amazed when I realized just how well I was doing... I mean I knew I was doing good but I just wish I had found this sight 11 months ago :smile: MFP has truly changed my life and I am so thankful that someone took the time to tell me about this site....Do me a favor and tell someone....you may just change someones life:happy:
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I found this site purely by accident when I used to go to SparkPeople last year. I didn't really understand how awesome this place is until this past January when I decided to get serious and make some friends along the way. This truly is the best online support place for weight loss there is.

I am so so grateful for what I'm experiencing here.
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • pocha0704
    pocha0704 Posts: 64
    Options
    Great job! This is the only site that has managed to keep me engaged and motivated.
  • iraidatheseeker
    Options
    Congratulations Amber! :flowerforyou: You're doing great and thanks for sharing! :wink: I've been inviting some friends and fam aswell! :happy: :heart:
  • Mom71
    Mom71 Posts: 24
    Options
    that is awesome:smile:
  • Boomz
    Boomz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My sentiments exactly. This is a brilliant community with plenty of people looking to achieve the same goal. It's awesome to have people like yourself who are so upbeat and positive, encouraging others. This site has been an absolute blessing for me, and no doubt everyone else who made it through the first week.
  • tnewcomb38
    Options
    That is awesome. I know it is hard for me to do it on my own, since i started on this site I am down 5.4lbs in a week, I told a few people at my weight loss group about mfp and they are all gonna check it out. There is so much support here, its great.
  • outdoorsmom
    outdoorsmom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job! I use to do the same thing have a notebook and write what I was eating. It would work for awhile but not for long. Totally love this site. The support and encouragement is wonderful. Keep up the good work. :happy:
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Awesome! I hope I do as well as you! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!