apple crisp anyone ?

Options
i made a failed attempt lastnight anyone got a recipe

Replies

• RocketsGirl75
    Options
    try www.skinnytaste.com there are tons of recipes on there!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I LOVE apple crisp.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it looks good! http://www.cookinlean.com/2010/10/cooking-light-with-ina-garten-apple.html
    If the link doesn't work, it's on the cookinlean.com website, under Ina's recipes. I think it's around 150 calories a serving but you might want to check on that to be sure!:smile:
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i have a foolproof recipe but pretty sure it is not a diet approved one lol can always b changed a bit tho
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i have a foolproof recipe but pretty sure it is not a diet approved one lol can always b changed a bit tho
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    haha me too i love apple crisp and tried to make it without butter using oatmeal flax seed and wheat germ as topping used maple syrup and honey as sugars but its not good
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Found this one in a Weight Watcher's cookbook. I haven't tried it yet.

Apple-Cranberry Crisp

1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
    4 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
    1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
    4 teaspoons cold reduced-calorie margarine*
    6 Empire or other firm cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly siced
    1 cup fresh cranberries
    1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spary an 8" square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a small bowl, combine the oats, 2 Tablespoons of the brown sugar, plus the flour; with two knives or your fingers, work in the margarine until crumbly.

3. In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, the remaining 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to combine. Spoon into the pan; sprinkle with the oats mixture. Bake until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, 35-40 minutes.

Makes 4 servings.
    Per Serving (if reduced-calorie margarine is used)
    190 calories; 3g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium; 41g total carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 2g protein, 26mg calcium.
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Im curious too.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Maple-Walnut Apple Crisp

Yield: 9 servings

Ingredients
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/3 cup regular oats
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 cup chilled butter or stick margarine, cut into small pieces
    3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
    7 cups sliced peeled Rome apple (about 3 pounds)
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 375°.

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, oats, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Stir in walnuts.

Combine apple and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Spoon apple mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish or 1 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    208 (31% from fat)
    Fat:
    7.1g (sat 3.4g,mono 1.9g,poly 1.3g)
    Protein:
    1.8g
    Carbohydrate:
    36.5g
    Fiber:
    2.3g
    Cholesterol:
    14mg
    Iron:
    0.9mg
    Sodium:
    58mg
    Calcium:
    27mg
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    Found this one in a Weight Watcher's cookbook. I haven't tried it yet.

Apple-Cranberry Crisp

1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
    4 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
    1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
    4 teaspoons cold reduced-calorie margarine*
    6 Empire or other firm cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly siced
    1 cup fresh cranberries
    1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spary an 8" square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a small bowl, combine the oats, 2 Tablespoons of the brown sugar, plus the flour; with two knives or your fingers, work in the margarine until crumbly.

3. In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, the remaining 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to combine. Spoon into the pan; sprinkle with the oats mixture. Bake until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, 35-40 minutes.

Makes 4 servings.
    Per Serving (if reduced-calorie margarine is used)
    190 calories; 3g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium; 41g total carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 2g protein, 26mg calcium.

this i try next thanks so much
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Raisins and Apple Crumble

This simple dessert satisfies. Serve it with vanilla ice cream. We used Braeburn apples, but Fuji, Gala, Granny Smith, or any other tart variety will do.I made this and it was AWESOME...

Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)

Ingredients
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
    6 cups sliced peeled Braeburn apple
    1 cup raisins
    1/3 cup fresh orange juice
    2 tablespoons granulated sugar
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 375°.

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal.

Combine apple and raisins in a large bowl. Combine juice and remaining ingredients; pour over apple mixture. Toss well. Spoon apple mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with flour mixture. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    211 (26% from fat)
    Fat:
    6.1g (sat 3.6g,mono 1.7g,poly 0.4g)
    Protein:
    1.2g
    Carbohydrate:
    40.1g
    Fiber:
    3.4g
    Cholesterol:
    15mg
    Iron:
    0.7mg
    Sodium:
    61mg
    Calcium:
    17mg
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump
  • savage677
    savage677 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have a great recipe for an apple turn over from a Weight Watchers Cookbook. Not sure if that works but here it is, it goes over great with everyone I've ever fed it to. You can't tell it's healthy :)

2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and slices (not too thin) 1/3 cup raisins
    2-4 Tbsp honey ½ Tbsp butter or margarine
    6 sheets filo dough ¼ cup water
    ½ tsp cinnamon ½ tsp nutmeg
    2 Tbsp of granulated sugar

In a med or small sauce pan heat apples, honey and water for 6-8 min on a med low heat. Or until they are slightly soft, too long and they get mushy, they should retain their shape.
    Remove from heat and mix in raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg, set aside
    Melt butter
    On a clean dry surface, or on a piece of parchment paper lay out one sheet of filo dough and brush lightly with butter ( I usually break off the end so it is more square than rectangular to make it easier to create a triangle later)
    Lay next sheet on top of first and repeat with butter, continue until all 6 sheets have been used.
    Spoon apple mixture onto sheets so that it makes a pile in one corner to the diagonal center leaving a slight edge for folding, this may not take all the apple mixture.
    Fold forward so diagonal corners touch and use a little butter to seal the edge, fold up and pinch, but be gentle as it is fragile. This should leave it in the shape of a triangle.
    Brush remaining butter over top and sprinkle with sugar then slice top 3-4 times to vent.
    Bake 375-400 depending on your oven for 30 to 40 min until golden brown and crispy and apples bubble from vents.

4 servings about 200 calories each
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    For a slightly different twist: vegetarian times' website has an Apple Custard Pie with Oatmeal Crust that is amazingly good. The crust is oats, oat flour, cinnamon and brown sugar (and oil, or vegan margarine, or butter). The custard is oat milk, egg and vanilla (poured over sliced apples) then baked until the custard is set. So lovely warm...

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/11215?section=
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    thanx for those ill check em out too