College/Uni Students.

Options
Any college or university students on here? How do you all fit in essays, lectures and working out? Feel free to add me, I could do with some encouragement and like encouraging other people!

Replies

• Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm a junior at an Ivy here in the US.....Honestly, I love working out and eating healthfully is a priority to me-- I've never known any different, so it doesn't feel like a chore or something I have to put "extra time in for" if that makes sense! Feel free to ask for any advice, I'm happy to help :)
  • Bsong001
    Bsong001 Posts: 11
    Options
    I feel you. I'm a full time college student with little spare time.

It's hard to do, but I try to fit a workout in between classes. My schedule has a decent gap twice a week where I go over to the gym on campus. You could also try getting up a bit earlier in the morning to try and get a workout in. Hope I helped :/
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a full time student and works out with me almost every day in the afternoon when he gets out of classes. Our work outs are usually cardio, but some strength training, and range from 30 mins to just under an hour usually. We sometimes don't work out until 6:00pm, but we fit it in. He also walks to/from campus (we have some killer hills around here!) almost every day. If you live too far to walk, maybe try biking to campus? Hope this helps a little. :)
  • Brigette345
    Options
    I'm a student, and I fit in workouts by getting on the treadmill usually between 6-8 am. I found out that an old TV show I love shows 4 thirty minute episodes at during this time so it keeps me motivated. =] and I know waking up at 6 sounds unbearable, but working out just gives me so much more energy!
  • kcarlson16
    kcarlson16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am happy you posted this because I am also interested in people's suggestions.
    I am a full time student, I have a part time job, 2 internships and only so much time in the day!
  • sacchariine
    Options
    I'm at uni and have gained the freshman 15... and then some. My schedule is actually pretty flexible, I have a couple days off in the week and I workout then. But even then so, workout at school! Most schools have a gym with a lot of equipment for a really cheap monthly rate. At my school it's 10 bucks for the whole year. If anything weekends are probably bestest.
  • SuperBowlVikings
    SuperBowlVikings Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, I'll try and fit more workouts in. Unable to cycle to campus it's quite far away but thanks all :)
  • alleyoops
    alleyoops Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    full time sophomore, finance spanish major.
    I love fitness and health, and shopping, and traveling...

From the south, in the south, hopefully moving to NYC after school.
  • elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
    Yup yup. Full time student, and working part time. I haven't really worked out much lately. I sometimes ride my bike to school. Only about 8-10 miles, 30-45 minute ride depending on traffic. XD Most of the time I take the bus though, when I'm not running late.
  • elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
    full time sophomore, finance spanish major.
    I love fitness and health, and shopping, and traveling...

From the south, in the south, hopefully moving to NYC after school.

Bienvenida a myfitnesspal. XD
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Im a juinor at a 4-year, and it can be touch with a full course load, and working full time. It's a matter of making it a priority, and fitting it in no matter.
  • Gori175
    Gori175 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a full time uni student... I never have time to work out, by the time I come home or finish my homework/studying on the weekends I am so tired, all I want to do is watch tv for a bit and then sleep.

I started a week ago today.. at first i was over my 1200 calorie goal.. by 400 the first day, 300 the second. 60 the third.. then under for the next 4 days.. but i gained 3 pounds LOL! wth?!?!

I will weigh myself in another week.. maybe those pounds were residuals from the days before I started..

I keep you posted! :)
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm a full time graduate student and part-time intern. I've gotten in the habit of working out at the gym on campus on days when I have a 2 or 3 hour break between classes (3 days/week), and I aim to work out one day after internship (1 day/week) and one day over the weekend, for a total of 5 workouts each week. It's certainly a juggling act, but it can be done! I'll add you as a friend and let me know if you have other more specific questions
  • katyygirll
    Options
    i'm a freshman, and i find it so hard to find time to work out. i'm trying to get into a very competitive program so it's hard to balance studying with exercising and eating right. also, i have major problems with my feet and that makes it difficult also. i'm looking for support and willing to give support. feel free to add me =]
    -K
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm a full time college student (well, soon to be University student). It is really hard to diet but, it can be done.
    I fit workouts in any free time I have, and mostly on the weekends. Instead of buying lunches and other food, I bring my own food. It usually consists of easy, but healthy combinations of small things just enough to suffice for the time I am there.
    I can't say whether this completely works, but I have lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. ;)
  • frankerzzzfit
    frankerzzzfit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    fulltime freshman and im always losing daylight with no time to work out! could definitley use the support too! I'll be sure to add you!
  • jrm29
    jrm29 Posts: 39
    Options
    College is tough for being healthy... the gym membership is free and closer than it ever will be, but there's a neverending availability of pizza and beer! It definitely helps to have support from people in the same situation who get it :) I'll send you a request, anyone else feel free to add me so we can encourage each other! :)