Cleanse Suggestions?

Options
Lent is coming up this Wednesday, and I've decided to give up alcohol and smoking for 40 days. I want to do a cleanse this coming weekend, and rid my body of toxins and other nasties that I have acquired being a college freshman :wink:
I'm also in a rut; I'm kind of unmotivated in my healthy lifestyle. I want to do a cleanse and get jumpstarted again!
Any suggestions on good cleanses that would work for a Friday - Saturday - Sunday?
Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• Jquintana88
    Jquintana88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lent is coming up this Wednesday, and I've decided to give up alcohol and smoking for 40 days. I want to do a cleanse this coming weekend, and rid my body of toxins and other nasties that I have acquired being a college freshman :wink:
    I'm also in a rut; I'm kind of unmotivated in my healthy lifestyle. I want to do a cleanse and get jumpstarted again!
    Any suggestions on good cleanses that would work for a Friday - Saturday - Sunday?
    Thanks! :smile:

Ditto I am also Interested In this, I know GMC has a couple of good once but i don't know. Now you said you will quit smoking. How is this possible, I am having such a hard time. to be honest, Just thinking about one makes me want to go get one.
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    I'm not really a smoker, I don't crave cigarettes. I'm more of a social smoker, so I'll go out and have a couple with friends. Sorry, but all the advice I can offer you is stick to it, if you can commit to weight loss you can commit to quitting smoking! Plus, think about how much more enjoyable exercising will be with a healthy set of lungs! :happy:
  • hoop77
    hoop77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking is the best thing I ever did! I qut cold turkey this time but a good cleanse will help for sure,since I've quit that way before too. This time I'm not starting again. Pick a day and set your mind to it, you can do anything if you want to bad enough. The cleanse I used was by Isagenix, wonderful product but has to be bought online.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I do the Master Cleanse a couple times a year... check it out :] not for the week stomached though haha

dont buy gnc's cleanse products! trust me, rip off and expensive as hell
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    When I want to cleanse, I have a day where I only eat fruits and veggies. It really does help! Good luck!!
  • jackienicole72
    jackienicole72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really like the CleanseSmart cleanse. They have a 30 day and a 7 day cleanse. It consists of taking 2 pills in the am and 2 in the pm, as well as taking some fiber pills. They recommend eating healthy and avoiding alcohol etc, but its not a "starvation" diet as such - you can eat food. Do a google search of them if interested (Renew Life). They also do other cleanses. I've done it about 4 times now, and really am happy with it and how I feel after.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You really don't need to buy any cleansing products. Just stop eating/drinking processed foods/drinks. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and low fat dairy and drink only water. Your liver and kidneys will cleans your system, that's what you have them for.
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    The Master Cleanse looks awesome! Unfortunately, that one will have to wait until I go home and don't have to live off dining hall food! :tongue:
    But I like the idea of a fruit and veggie cleanse. Unfortunately, I am unable to get whole grains and unprocessed meats (once again, dining hall :sick: ) but eating only fruits and veggies may work.
    Thanks for all the great suggestions!
  • pinksoldier
    Options
    I"ve found a couple of great 3-day weekend cleanse's that i've had success with. Acai Berry 3-day weekend and Green Tea 3-day weekend cleanse. I usually do a 3-day cleanse once every 3-months, just to keep myself in check. If you've never done one before you might want to start with a 7-10 day cleanse . Most of instructions tell you to eat clean and while on it (no fried food, fast food, minimal sugars, no alcohol, etc). I'm a firm believer them!

Good luck to you!!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Your body cleanses its self naturally unless your on dialysis or there is something wrong with your innards.