Couch to 5k... what if?

Options
So I want to start Couch to 5K... but I'm looking at the first week and second week and such and I'm thinking that it might start off too easy for me. There is no way I can run 5K non-stop, but I can do about 15min. on the treadmill before needing to slow down to a brisk walk. What do I do? I really want to be able to run 5K, and C25K seems like an awesome program... but what do I do if in the beginning I'm not challenged?

Replies

• sambo32
    sambo32 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I am up to week 3 of C25K, i would just start at the start, and see hoe you go, it trains you to pace yourself aswell. If it is too easy you could just skip the first couple of weeks. I am loving it! I have never been a runner before.
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    it just tells you your time intervals, not how fast you should go right?so if you arent feeling challenged still start at day 1 and just increase your speed to where you feel like its giving you a good workout- that way by the time you get to the point where you are running faster, you will have endurance as well as being able to go faster than you would have origionally
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Wow, I never thought of speed! Haha
    I'll give that a try, thanks! :smile:
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    There is also a Couch 2 10k program/app. Maybe that one would be a better fit for you.
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    Im in week two and I am challenged lol You can skip weeks. Its a good program