Quitting smoking and weight gain.

2»

Replies

• Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    When I used to smoke and was trying to quit, I found that strenuous activity like jogging took the edge off.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    I quit smoking, changed my diet and started working out, all on the same day. 1 week ago TODAY. I have good days and bad but for the most part it's been okay. Only 1 day out of the 7 was really bad. Yesterday. Seemed like no matter what I did or eat, I just couldn't get full. I went over my calories by about 200. Today I don't have that problem but I feel horrible. Quitting smoking has been much harder then I thought it would be. I wish you luck!!
  • Smoking is definitely a meal supressant. I used to be able to go until 3 PM just on water and cigs. i"ve started my quit as of the second the date changed to March 6th so I'm coming up on my one day in a few min. I'm under my calories still and working out with the insanity workout as well as throwing in some runs (week 3 starting tomorrow). Just be more conscious of whether or not you're food intake is different and like it was mentioned before, a replacement will definitely come in handy. I used to eat, smoke, and eat an apple to get rid of the bad breath but after quitting i skip to the apple after lunch. Have a plan and if you've made so much progress, maybe I'd be best to wait until your prepared for sure to quit your smoking. Hang in there and keep it up!
This discussion has been closed.