PLEASE give me 1 good reason!

Options
trud72
trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
O.K here is my monthly whinge!!!!

Give me 1 good reason why i should eat super healthy daily and exersice till i am knackered so that i do not loose weight??

this has been going on now since a week before xmas...and bugger all!

Replies

• MarkHarrisonUK
    Options
    You've lost 117 lb total....

I suspect that your current eating / exercise regime is keeping you at that weight... but not enough to bring you down further.

Sadly, if you stop eating / exercising, you'll probably see your weight go back up :-(

Whether you class this as a GOOD reason is up you. I know that I wouldn't, and it would annoy the heck out of me... However, I still have another 50lb of excess fat to lose... and I suspect that you don't.
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    OMG you've lost 117 lbs!!!! wow!!!!!

ok one good reason: if you keep doing it, you wont gain any back, if you don't do it, you might gain it back and destroy your 117 lbs of good work xxx
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    Because being bigger and healthy is better than slimmer and unhealthy.

My focus now is health and fitness. My sister gave me the wake up all I needed last week. She had heart attack - at the age of 31.

I'd been whingeing about not losing weight quickly enough; " what's the point of eating healthily and exercising nearly every day only to lose half a pound a week or less?" blah, blah, blah.

Then she had a heart attack and I realised that even if it takes me another year to lose the remaining 30lbs, or ineed, even if I never lost another pound ever again, it would be better being this way than fatter and risking my health.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    How much more do you think you have to lose?

Maybe you need to mix it up a bit? is there a new exercise class you could try?

Don't give up though chick - you've come WAY too far to give up now.... I can imagine how frustrating you're finding it, but don't give up!
  • Sesilje
    Sesilje Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary for the past few weeks, and my suggestion is actually that you start to eat a little bit more. Many days your net calorie intake was quite low.
    I have read many posts in this forum where people describe hitting a plateu of several weeks, and when they increased their eating they started losing weight again. (Don't know from personal experience though, since I'm only just starting out with my weight loss.) From what I've read the body goes into starvation mode when net calorie intake is below 1400/day. In starvation mode the system does everything to preserve energy and burn as few calories as possible.

So I suggest that you try to keep your daily net calorie intake between 1400 and 1500 for a week, and see what happens.

Good luck! :-)
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    O.K here is my monthly whinge!!!!

Give me 1 good reason why i should eat super healthy daily and exersice till i am knackered so that i do not loose weight??

this has been going on now since a week before xmas...and bugger all!

"...why i should eat super healthy daily and exersice till i am knackered so that i DO NOT loose weight??..."

Umm... There really is no good reason why you should do all that just so that you *don't* lose weight. I would think you should be doing those things so that you *do* lose weight.

But, that really depends on what you're eating and what kind of exercise you're doing. You could either include different kinds of exercise in conjunction with what you're already doing, or introduce HIIT [High Intensity Interval Training] routines with your workouts. You could also probably vary the kinds of food that you're eating or change the amount of daily calories you've been consuming lately.

Those are the suggestions. As for the one good reason, I would say it's to give you patience and understanding of how your body is reacting to the weight loss. Losing a significant amount of weight requires a significant amount of change in order for it to get out of readjusting to that lower weight. 3+ months does seem like a long stall. It truly would call for some dietary and activity changes, I think. Evaluate what you've done to lose weight before the plateau occurred. If you're eating the same amount of calories now as you did 117 lbs ago, your body will need less calories for sustenance and weight loss. If you've been doing the same kind of exercise as you did 117 lbs ago, your body will burn less calories for those activities, so it will require more you to perform more in order to achieve a calorie deficit.
  • Bigsportygirl
    Bigsportygirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Because being bigger and healthy is better than slimmer and unhealthy.

My focus now is health and fitness. My sister gave me the wake up all I needed last week. She had heart attack - at the age of 31.

I'd been whingeing about not losing weight quickly enough; " what's the point of eating healthily and exercising nearly every day only to lose half a pound a week or less?" blah, blah, blah.

Then she had a heart attack and I realised that even if it takes me another year to lose the remaining 30lbs, or ineed, even if I never lost another pound ever again, it would be better being this way than fatter and risking my health.

Thank you for the reminder why I'm doing this. I've just had a bad 10 days or so and have started thinking that it doesn't matter and I could just stay at the weight I am and just be a big girl, but I DON'T want to have a heart attack at 31, 51 or 71 and I can help prevent that happening by making small changes today, I have abused my body for the last 15 years feeding it rubbish and it's taken it quite well but eventually it's all going to catch up with me. It's about health for life not getting into those skinny jeans - that's just a happy side effect - I could live without getting into the jeans but I won't live if I'm not healthy.

To the original poster I'd suggest you mix it up a bit to refresh your motivation, try some new recipies, do a different work out, do a fun group exercise session.
  • smota
    smota Posts: 62
    Options
    I looked at your food diary for the past few weeks, and my suggestion is actually that you start to eat a little bit more. Many days your net calorie intake was quite low.
    I have read many posts in this forum where people describe hitting a plateu of several weeks, and when they increased their eating they started losing weight again.

I went looking at your diary and thought exactly the same. Do a bit of research into 'starvation mode' and you'll realise unless you eat more, you won't lose wait... Funny, hey? ;)

Good luck x
  • trud72
    Options
    i still have another 70 lbs to loose,
    i will try upping my cals for a little while see where that takes me...hey it's only a few more weeks of not looseing if not right!!

i have been mixing in the different workouts the last few weeks and nothing there...
    thanx guys i just have to vent this time of the month(if you know what i mean)!!
    i will be ok again tomorrow no doubt :)
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    ok.

A: its not your exercise. your doing well in this area. :)
    B: Why are you only eating 1200...on a day where you exercised...? Thats crazy.

Eat your goal. eat all of it. including exercise calories.

I'm 180lbs. i lost 15 by eating 2000+ cals a day. ;) most days it was closer to 2400.

you gotta eat more dude. it wont hurt you.
    take your goal. divide it by 5, or 6. and eat those calories in each meal, with a balance of macros and you will start losing crazy poundage again ;)
  • mideon_696
    Options
    OH!!! 1 more thing!!!

Bloody god job so far!! 117lbs loss is awesome!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I think you're either exercising too much or eating too little.
  • mideon_696
    Options
    its just the eating...
    the eating part is about 80% or more of overall fitness/fat loss...
  • trud72
    Options
    right i have upped my goals in my profile i am sitting eating a apple(yes i know) right now...thanx guys i think this could be where my probs are...fingers crossed and a huge thx