What do have with humus?

Options
Hi all,

I have found a new love of humus but wondered what else can I have with it. I love dipping naan bread into but want something a bit more low calorie..

Thank x x x

Replies

• Steph70508
    Steph70508 Posts: 110
    Options
    I dip my baby carrots in it and sometimes use it as a spread on a sandwich instead of mayo.
  • kkremegirl
    Options
    CELERY IS GOOD.....LOW CAL AND WILL FILL YOU UP
  • ForTheFam
    ForTheFam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i'm hooked on hummus....celery sticks for me.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    CUCUMBERS! or apples; carrots; fat free crackers...pretty much anything..I love Hummus too.
  • zenfocus
    zenfocus Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use it on my sandwiches instead of mayonnaise.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love naan too but it's too high in calories. Thanks for the ideas, I was using pretzel crisps which is "ok" but I have lots of carrots and celery I will use this week for my hummus. lllooooovveeee me some hummus.
  • thomasmarnold
    Options
    I dip pita bread in it. most whole wheat pita bread is only 150 calories and is a great "fill you up" snack. Not bad for 150 cals.
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    i concur with everyone so far....vegies of all kinds and i use with grilled chicken in wraps instead of the other options i used to pick. very filling and good for us. i love it and soooo glad i found it.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I use baby carrots, celery, broccoli, pita chips, Pop Chips, and pretzel chips.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Crackers
  • sicembears
    sicembears Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    low carb tortilla spread with hummus, fill it with fresh spinach
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Carrots, broccoli and snap peas for me. Mmmmmm hummus!
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else is saying, any raw vegetables are delicious!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I dip carrots in it. You can also use low carb pits bread.
  • hellsbell
    hellsbell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    As a dip with bell peppers cut in strips, either raw or baked in the oven. Or as a topping for toast with slices of cherry tomato on top.
  • p_funk
    p_funk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I usually use wheat thins. I have also used cheeses slices, like cheddar or colby jack. And as someone else has already mentioned, my wife likes to use it on sandwiches instead mayo or miracle whip.
  • Ninerz113
    Ninerz113 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use it for dipping all veggies. I also use it on sandwiches and with pita bread. One of my favorite recipes is to make a pita "pizza" with hummus - just spread humus over the pita and then top it with some veggies (i usually use some kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc) and then some feta cheese. It's really good if you bake it in the oven for about 10 mins to warm it up and melt some of the feta. YUM!
  • eatingmysandshoe
    Options
    As well as all the above,

It's nice on top of couscous as a bit of extra flavour/protein if you need the extra cals.

You can also layer with spinach and a little feta cheese and bake in a pie with filo pastry as the topping (just bake till pastry is crispy and middle is hot).

Lovely with falafel in pitta too with salad, tho my friend thinks this is mad as it is 2 smooshed up chickpea products together. You can thin it down with water and use as a lovely salad dressing too.
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Spread it on a piece of turkey and roll it up or have you tried the new special K crackers.
  • Crazyjro
    Crazyjro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i love cucumber slices, i keep telling my husband it is chips and dip! he thinks im nuts!