Calorie After Burn Effect

Options
Calorie After Burn Effect...Look how when you record your calories burned as the end of your session..you still keep on burning for a while after, which is the right reading to take ?/ http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNaughtydoguk?feature=mhum

Replies

• FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I always let my heart rate settle back to the resting heart rate - then take the calories burned.

Not sure if that's what your supposed to do but it can sometimes be 30-50 extra by the time your heart rate recovers.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i only log for amount of actual exercise time, and any further cal burn afterwards is a bonus :D

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i only log for amount of actual exercise time, and any further cal burn afterwards is a bonus :D

best wishes
    Kirstie x

Same here :)
  • wowamom87
    wowamom87 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I log my exercise and then my cool off walk (which is when my heart rate is going back to normal)
  • thehealthyone
    Options
    I work hard toward a certain BURN #..depending on whether or not I make it in that given amnt of time...I will usually (not ALWAYS)..but I try to cool down then STRETCH in to a normal HR, or close anyway...but never my resting HR (that could take me another hour or so!) However if I am doing 2 WOs at diff. times of the day..I try to wait a lil longer, don't want to be too under on getting those cals back in!
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

best wishes
    Kirstie x

Same here :)

Me too. I stop the timer on my HRM and then log those number of burned calories indicated at that point. Since I am so out of shape, it takes a long while for my HR to drop to "normal resting rate", but after just 2 weeks of cardio, it is recovering a bit faster. :smile: