How often?

Options
How often do you weigh youself?
I find myself obsessed with the scale & I get discouraged when I don't see the number I want to see.
Any tricks to it?

Replies

• DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and use a weight chart app on my phone to track it. There's a lot of ups and downs this way so if you get discouraged easy I'd recommend once a week. Also if you REALLY can't stop yourself from weighing daily go ahead and do so, but instead of comparing the number to the day before you should compare it to the same day of last week.
  • rachelsewardxo
    Options
    I honestly weigh myself every day and its so bad , my friends & i do it together every friday though , that way we can see our weekly progress . It's better to do it in the morning too !
    Goodluck !
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I weight myself every day just to get an idea of how much my wieght fluctuates. But mostly I weight myself when I feel my clothes aren't fitting right. For the next month I will be checking-in once a week (entering my weight into MFP). as I attempt to track my weight loss goal of approx. 130, but most importantly, a hip size of 39 (2 inches less).

The trick is to keep in mind that as long as you are working toward your goal every day, you will get there. Sometimes you will put on weight because of strength training. But it's best to track your measurments.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once to twice a month. The scale is evil and tells you pretty much NOTHING!!! except how much your mass weighs.

Switch to a measuring tape and you will be much happier.
  • jrt9999
    jrt9999 Posts: 114
    Options
    I weigh daily and log in the weight each time it drops. So I may record the drop for three days in a row or once a week.

Kind of strange but I think the mind plays an important role. My wife use to only log in her weight once a week but several weeks ago started recording each drop and her weight loss is now starting to catch up to me.
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go by the scale if you are working out....remember: muscles weighs more than fat!!!

Go by your measurements!
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning. But I do get a glimpse of my weight through out the week.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I will pack away my scale and only get it out once a week. I will start tracking my inches too!
  • openbookado
    openbookado Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i use to be a certified personal trainer and they taught us that your really only suppose to weigh yourself once ever two weeks cause if you do it any more then that you will get discouraged if you dont see change or it you go the wrong way. since i started my most recent weight loss program i do it once a week but i always end up cheating and doing it in the middle of the week too. (><) and you have to weigh yourself with the same conditions everytime, the best time being first thing in the morning shortly after you have woken up and have gone to the bathroom totally in the buff to get the most accurate weight possible :-)
  • greeneyed84
    Options
    Lol, thanks. I do that already :-) now I just gotta stop weighin gyself daily.
  • greeneyed84
    Options
    Lol, thanks. I do that already :-) now I just gotta stop weighing myself daily.
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just once a week, first thing in the morning, & naked. :o) Your weight fluctuates too much during the week to give you an accurate idea of whether or not you're losing.