Pancake Day tomorrow..recipes..HELP????!!!

Options
curleesam
curleesam Posts: 462 Member
Ok so it's Pancake day tomorrow here in the UK. Part of me thinks sod it and just have one or two but the other part thinks I should be good.

Does anyone have any low calorie recipes for pancakes to save me from the traumatising prospect of having none...?

Replies

• twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm going to plan my day so that I can indulge a bit....so it'll be fewer calories early on. Last opportunity to feast before the Lenten observance of fasting from all forms of cheating!!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Look for a ricotta, (use part skim ricotta) pancake recipe. That way, even if it's not "low-cal" (whatever that means to you) it will be high protein and not be empty carbs and cals. Top it with fresh fruit and it's healthy.
  • reemasolanki
    Options
    Hey there!

I found this recipe online. May help you. http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/recipes/low_fat/basic-pancake-batter.htm
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I googled this recipe...I have one but not sure what happened to it...these use whole wheat flour...

1 large egg
    1/3 cups all purpose flour
    2/3 cups whole wheat flour
    3/4 cup 2% milk
    1 tbs brown sugar (packed)
    2 tbs vegetable oil
    3 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt

Directions
    spray skillet with non-stick spray, over medium heat. Beat egg into all the ingredients until smooth. For each pancake pour slightly less than 1/4 cup of batter to make a pancake. Cook until golden brown on both sides.

Number of Servings: 5

Calories: 177.2
    Total Fat: 7.7 g
    Cholesterol: 45.4 mg
    Sodium: 789.8 mg
    Total Carbs: 23.4 g
    Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
    Protein: 5.5 g

It had mixed reviews--I would maybe add berries...also try ALLRECIPES.COM they have great recipes and you can specify ingredients wanted/not wanted and people post reviews :) Good luck!
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oats, 3 eggs, 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1 tsp vanilla extract.
    Blend to a smooth batter in a food processor.
    Makes 3 large american style pancakes, about 185 cals each, 18g protein, 12g carbs, 7.5g fat.
    This isn't my recipe and I've never tried it, so let me know if you do ;)
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I found this recipe online. May help you. http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/recipes/low_fat/basic-pancake-batter.htm

Thanks all!

I think we have a winner, this one only has 66 calories!! I was starting to wonder whether I would be allowed to have more than one...greedy I know!
  • pinkie55
    pinkie55 Posts: 18
    Options
    darling_nickie

I had a question on your recipe. It serves 5 and the calorie count is 177. Is that each or for the 5 servings? And is a serving one pancake?
  • kmyers93
    kmyers93 Posts: 13
    Options
    I agree, ALLRECIPES.com is a great source that I use all the time whenever I cook!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this recipe yet, but the other recipe's I've had on this site were WONDERFUL!!! These look really good...I'm going to have to try them myself :-D

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/10/pumpkin-spice-pancakes-with-pumpkin.html#more
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great question - I've been thinking about it too! Thanks for asking - I agree you 66 cal recipe looks like the one for simple traditional pancakes. Just got to remember now not to drown them in lemon and sugar!!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy so I just buy the ready mix from M&S and use my small frying pan to make smaller portions. But I usually just eat it with a drizzle of lemon and a sprinkle of brown sugar or some fresh fruit- strawberries/blueberries mainly with small dollop greek yogurt and manuka honey.

PS. I can't NOT have pancakes tomorrow. Must fit it in my calorie intake :love:
  • dchris1968
    dchris1968 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Here are my homemade ones + my photo.

I love making these b/c they are so much easier to customize servings to reduce calories if you end up being the only one to eat them. One or even a ½ serving of the boxed kind has much more calories and more preservatives which is not cool

Picture082.jpg

Whole Wheat Pancakes

1 cup whole wheat flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    ¼ tsp salt
    1 cup 1% milk
    3 egg whites
    4 sweetener packets
    ¼ tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla

Directions: Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix well until there are no more dry spots; don't over-mix. Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat. Spray cooking spray and pour ¼ cup of pancake batter. When the bubbles settle and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes. Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Top with sugar-free syrup. Makes 8 pancakes for 2 people.

WW Points: 6 + 2 tbsp sugar free syrup = 7

* This serving can easily be cut in 1/2 for a tasty breakfast for even less calories as these are quite big.
  • MaYhAmE101
    Options

I love making these b/c they are so much easier to customize servings to reduce calories if you end up being the only one to eat them. One or even a ½ serving of the boxed kind has much more calories and more preservatives which is not cool

Picture082.jpg

Whole Wheat Pancakes

1 cup whole wheat flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    ¼ tsp salt
    1 cup 1% milk
    3 egg whites
    4 sweetener packets
    ¼ tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla

Directions: Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix well until there are no more dry spots; don't over-mix. Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat. Spray cooking spray and pour ¼ cup of pancake batter. When the bubbles settle and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes. Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Top with sugar-free syrup. Makes 8 pancakes for 2 people.

* This serving can easily be cut in 1/2 for a tasty breakfast for even less calories as these are quite big.

i don't do WW so i would like to ask how many calories are in each pancake pls?? as they look really yummy :)
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind - it isn't necessarily the pancakes, but what you put on them that is fattening! Watch the syrup.:tongue:
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have been putting lots of blueberries in the mix. Makes the pancakes bigger (tricking myself) and naturally sweeter so I use only a touch of lite syrup.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options

Picture082.jpg

Whole Wheat Pancakes

1 cup whole wheat flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    ¼ tsp salt
    1 cup 1% milk
    3 egg whites
    4 sweetener packets
    ¼ tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla

i don't do WW so i would like to ask how many calories are in each pancake pls?? as they look really yummy :)

69 calories per pancake.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Ok so it's Pancake day tomorrow here in the UK. Part of me thinks sod it and just have one or two but the other part thinks I should be good.

Does anyone have any low calorie recipes for pancakes to save me from the traumatising prospect of having none...?

Go to the Search, and type in pancakes. This is one of the most discussed food types on this forum. There are literally hundreds of posts, recipes, hints and tips about pancakes.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Now I want pancakes. With bacon and sausages. *sigh*
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I make protein pancakes regularly!
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheeese
    1/2 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup egg whites
    Mix well & cook well on griddle, i usually spray some olive oil to prevent stick
    then top off with
    2 tbs agave nectar
    Super yummy!