30 day shred - Day 1 (March 6)

Options
So I decided to do 30 day shred and see what happens. Today was day one and I'm still tired. I didn't expect to get a real workout in twenty minutes unless I was running.

As of day 1 I weigh 236.8 lbs.
Measurements : 14.5, 50, 48.5 (neck, waist, hips)

I'd love to lose 6 - 8 inches around my mid-section in the next 30 days and down 12 lbs just in time for my birthday and my husband's PIR.

Replies

• CAM102055
    Options
    What is a 30 day shred?
  • paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    Options
    I just started doing the 30 day shred and really like it. Good luck on your journey.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is a Jillian Michaels workout. It has three levels and combines cardio and strength. I am on day 7 of it, I love it. I started on Level 2 because Level 1 was full of jumping jacks, and well my bladder isn't what it used to be.
  • grace1611
    grace1611 Posts: 55
    Options
    I want to know that also
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    So I decided to do 30 day shred and see what happens. Today was day one and I'm still tired. I didn't expect to get a real workout in twenty minutes unless I was running.

As of day 1 I weigh 236.8 lbs.
    Measurements : 14.5, 50, 48.5 (neck, waist, hips)

I'd love to lose 6 - 8 inches around my mid-section in the next 30 days and down 12 lbs just in time for my birthday and my husband's PIR.

I just started today too :)

good luck and have fun doing it!! :)
  • jady121584
    jady121584 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    GooD LUCK! Are you supposed to do it everyday for 30 days? Intense- If anyone has the will to do it- It's you! Go Go Go!
  • KiWi2011
    KiWi2011 Posts: 34
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 day 2. More of a workout today because I could actually kind of keep up. Still have to take a break through the exercises more than I like but hopefully by day 7 I'll do it completely through. Going to do every level for 10 days.

If my P90x gets here I'm going to do that every other day and do Jillian Michaels every day and throw in Zumba. 29 days left!!

And yes 20 minutes every day!! Lord help me!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 today also. I love it! I can really feel it in my abs after starting it yesterday. I can't remember the last time I did a crunch, much less a bicycle crunch! I'm also looking for a Zumba class in my area, but they don't offer many here.
  • KiWi2011
    Options
    Day 5! Jumped up to level 2 today. Debating whether I should do Zumba as well but i'm going running tomorrow and redoing day 1 of P90x so I'm going to take it easy on myself today.

This plateau will break one way or another!
  • KiWi2011
    Options
    Just want to say plank anything makes me nauseous and my body hurt. I suck at walking push ups!
  • agally
    agally Posts: 14
    Options
    where did you get the 30 day shred? and can u get a zumba video?
  • KiWi2011
    Options
    I got the 30 day shred for 10 at Walmart and I have Zumba for the Wii.

Today is day 10. Can't believe I'm a third of the way through. Still stuck in my plateau and realized it may be two things TOM or regularity (TMI I know) but I'm going to gut it out and keep improving things day by day.
  • KiWi2011
    Options
    Since I'm a third of the way through I'll post my measurements.

Waist - 47.5
    Hip- 46.75
    Neck 14
    Bust - 47
    Thigh - 24.5
    Arm - 14

Weight - 236.2

Losing inches more than weight but there a few things I gotta workout. I think once I get them corrected I'll start dropping the weight again.
  • KiWi2011
    Options
    So unable to finish the full 30 days. Here are my closing stats

Waist 45.5
    Hips 45.75
    Necks 13.75

Wanted to get to 225 but I'll take the loss. This cold is kicking my butt so I'm going to rest for the next week and start Turbo Fire next week.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You did great! I started the 30DS today and feel great! I can tell a difference already, but maybe it is just the exhaustion (in a good way) that I am feeling and have not felt it in a looooong time.