I'm motivated by...

Options
What I'm most motivated by at this point in my weight loss journey, is all of the years that I spent listening to people constantly say, "Maybe you're not meant to be skinny" and I'm also motivated by constantly hearing in my mind the many people who always would say, "You have such a pretty face!". Those two statements burn me up. Of course the latter, I will always take as a compliment, but it's almost a back-handed one. Like your face is pretty but the rest of you sucks! Oh well, we'll see who has the last laugh this time.

What keeps you motivated throughout your journey?

Replies

• heidihout81
    Options
    My daughter is the one keeping me motivated now. Even though she can't talk, I know I want to show her healthy eating habits as she grows. Getting myself to do it is a great example to her:) Good luck on your weight loss journey candykoated!!!
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That's funny that you say that cuz I keep telling myself that I'm not suppose to be skinny. Think it's my way out of things LOL
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Honestly, vanity. I LOVE how I am starting to look. I was so big for so long, and now I feel a bit free-er, and also shopping.
    I also know that I am far far away from the boarderline diabetic I once was!
  • ♥BETHANY♥
    Options
    I think what is keeping me motivated is just the need to feel beautiful and see the difference when I look in the mirror. The other thing is hearing my husband who weighs 155lbs tell me how proud of me he is seeing me bust my butt working out even when I am dead tired from all the days activites with the kids! I am ready to be different and I am making that change in MY life :)
  • candykoated
    candykoated Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @heidihout81... just like you, my daughter keeps me motivated too. She's 16 and has the cutest little shape, but she constantly tells me that she's proud of me no matter what size I am *tears*! But still, I want her to see me at a healthy weight for once. I want to be able to keep up with her when we play basketball together and not have to sit on the sidelines catching my breath.

@deannar417... I too once really believed that statement. And for a long time, I just accepted it... that God didn't intend to make me a skinny person. But I refuse to believe it. And don't use it as a crutch as I did. I would take that statement when I had a moment of weakness and just say "Oh well, I wasn't meant to be skinny anyways, so I'll enjoy this quart of Blue Bell banana pudding ice cream and worry about it later". LOL!!!

@mhanson18... looks like you've come a looooooooong way honey! That is so awesome! When I grow up... I want to be just like you *smile*. I can see how seeing the results in the mirror would motivate you to keep going. I'd probably be the same way. I love looking at myself in the mirror... from the neck up! But I don't want it to be just from that vantage point. I want to see all of me and proud and know that I did. Not through pills, or starvation diets, or surgery, but all ME!!!

@Bethany... Sounds like you have a great support system! Kudos to the hubby! I know what you mean about the workouts and you're dog tired. I'm working out almost everyday and sometimes I don't want to but I know if I don't, I'll end up repeating my old habits and talking myself out of my workouts and then that would lead to nibbling on snacks and saying that I'll work it off tomorrow, and tomorrow never comes!
  • sadiddy_barbiee
    Options
    you and me both cousin !!! and its funny you say that because i still honestly believe that im not "meant" to be skinny. thats why i asked you a couple nights ago if you believe in "big boned"..i just dont think i will ever be thin..but what i've come to realize is that i dont want to be skinny..i want to be healthy. and you have helped jump start something great while i've been here..im going to take that back home with me and keep the positive attitude!!!