NSV Victory - Feeling confident to be out again

Options
petithamu
petithamu Posts: 582 Member
I've been on MFP just a bit over 2 months. The last 60 days I have watched what I ate, logged every food, finished Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and 30 Day Slimdown program. I have lost the first 15lb of the 44lbs I need to get back to my old weight. These are all great progress and I am immensely proud of it. However, what I have found during my recent trip to Stockholm to see my friend was how that all made me feel.

I've never really been so chubby that I've hated myself for it or hate taking pictures or even just going out. Don't get me wrong, I've always yo-yo'ed but I've always managed to get it off in record time and it will all be okay. Not this time. This time I had a steady gain in the last 18 months and I ballooned up to 160lbs which is a lot for my frame at 5'1'' and 3/4 (I take all the inch I can get...) It took an awakening phone call from my mother to get my butt in gear and that's what I did for the last 60 days.

My NSV victory is a triple fold:

1. I wore jeans for the first time in 18 months when I was in Stockholm. They not only fit, I could move in it and didn't feel like the buttons are going to burst and I'm going to split the seams...I could even sit down in them!
2. I started smiling again in photos
3. I didn't want to break the mirror when I looked at myself and I actually liked what I was looking at!

A lot of people will look at me at 15lbs less and say I don't need to lose anymore weight but I know myself and I know what my goal weight is and I am still a ways away. I know it sucks to say this but...dammit...exercise and eating healthy are the only keys to a weight loss...the only other thing you need is pure determination...

My photos are from Dec 29 2010 and a few days ago in Stockholm. You probably can't tell from the Stockholm photo that I've lost weight but mostly I wanted to show the big smile on my face. That's my victory!

5397969602_54df1fd5c6.jpg
Picture 3 by Petithamu, on Flickr

5505759174_9601e8774a.jpg
smile by Petithamu, on Flickr

Replies

• CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    You probably can't tell from the Stockholm photo that I've lost weight but mostly I wanted to show the big smile on my face.

Uh, what?! You look absolutely amazing! It looks like you have lost WAY more than 15lbs! Such an inspiration!
  • petithamu
    Options
    You probably can't tell from the Stockholm photo that I've lost weight but mostly I wanted to show the big smile on my face.

Uh, what?! You look absolutely amazing! It looks like you have lost WAY more than 15lbs! Such an inspiration!

Haha thanks! I was wearing such a big woolly coat and big ear muffs! Hehe
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You definitely look like you've lost weight and you look so much happier in your Stockholm picture.

Well done so far and good luck for the future.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    you can totally tell uve lost weight !! u rock it girl :D

congrats and best wishes with the rest of ur goals
    Kirstie xx
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    That's a very significant change. You're doing great. Keep doing what you do for your own goals. People tell me all the time that I don't need to lose any more weight. True or not, I'm now focused on losing fat and gaining muscle mass. Should the last 7 - 10 pounds be in the form of fat loss, it would truly be my own personal victory. Congratulations. You have that sparkle of genuine happiness in your eyes. Keep that and don't let it go.
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have been here through ALL of your hard work and you have....
    1. Shown Jillian who the boss really is...
    2. Wanted to quit - BUT DIDN'T!
    3. Lost weight but found yourself in the process. That smile proves it!

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL T!!!!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    you look so amazing!! i'm really proud and happy for you! :) go celebrate and do a snoopy happy dance! ;)
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Aww this has me all misty this morning. You can *definitely* tell you’ve lost weigh. You look 30, not 15 lbs lighter. And that smile and sparkle, please don’t let it go, again—no matter what the scale says or your waistline width. You are beautiful, just because you are.
  • Brazilianpearl
    Brazilianpearl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OMG...YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU GIRL!

4204140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

HEIGHT: 5'2"
    SW: 164 (DECEMBER 18, 2010)
    CW: 153.2 (MARCH 4, 2011)
    GW:118 (BY MAY)
  • pisceanangel
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I am still ways away to achieve where you are now!!! And yes, it shows you lost weight!!!
  • nkaplosinit
    nkaplosinit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!
  • petithamu
    Options
    thank you guys!! I was just really surprised but how happy I felt. I mean, I was ecstatic to see my friend but I just felt overall really energetic! Thank you again for all the kind words!
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely gorgeous!!!!! and I can definitely tell you lost weight :) your work is paying off.... your smile is contagious too =D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!