Scales

Options
I hate my scale. It has a different weight for me based on if I step on it too fast, lean back, lean forward...... I am getting desperate for a new one. Which is a good one? What do you all recommend? I just want it accurate and consistent.

-Thanks

Replies

• mrjason
    mrjason Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Premium-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B002MK6QKO/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1299510989&sr=1-2

End of story - This is the winner. Look at the reviews. It's. Just. Accurate.

I love this thing, best $33 bucks I've spent. They have a bigger version too, but I like that the form factor on this one is so small.

You won't regret it.
    Jason
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just be aware that the problem may not be your scale. I have both a scale and a wii fit. They weigh me about the same... 10-15 pounds lighter than any other scale. It's the floor in my house. If I use them somewhere else, or weigh myself on a scale in a different location, then I get accurate results. I used to live in a basement apartment and never had any problems, but in my current house, a scale is worthless.
  • heatherisom
    heatherisom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I could not tell you when I bought the scale, but it is not electronic. I have to constantly adjust the swinging arm to 0 and I use it on a tile floor. It is a balancing act with it. If I lean forward, I weight less and if I lean back, I weight more. I don't care what I weigh, I just want it to be consistent.
  • magenta4c
    magenta4c Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't get a regular scale. i always had a body fat analysis scale and it tells you if you are holding water (depending on your menstrual cycle, you weigh more in the second half of the cycle)
    when you know how much water, fat and muscle you have, the weight is not as important, as you build muscles and burn fat, but you might weigh the same.