I'm seriously craving

Options
my peanut butter m&ms. And my husbands mini reeses cups. I know that if I have just one or two, I won't stop there. And I really REALLY REALLY want to eat them. I just had a delicious, healthy lunch, and I don't want to screw that up. Today I'm working on my willpower, and it's hard right now.

Replies

• szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hershey has snack sized sugar free dark chocolate, whenever i want something sweet i take one of them and put a little bit of peanut butter on it. Sweet, yummy and very low on the calories :)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    understood. I love 3 Musketeers bars. I bought the little bite sized ones, but I can't stop with one, or three or ten! ARGH! I am better just to skip them all together. I have no control when it comes to them. :sad:
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Mix some light peanut butter in with oatmeal..... someone had it on the message board last week and it is soooo yummy for a treat! I love peanut butter and chocolate!!!!
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Step away from the candy!!! If you know that you will not be able to stop, keep away. Ask yourself this question before you pop anything into your mouth: Do I really want this? Is it going to be worth the extra exercise to get the calories off? Will it lead me to bings?

Remember not to beat yourself up if you give in, but think about the number of empy calories you'd be dumping into your system that will be counterproductive to your goal. Keep your focus. You can do this!!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    If you like mint, Peppermint Patties have only 2.5g of fat. Of course you can't forget the 27g of sugar in them! The mini's are a great sweet fix.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    so many people will not agree with my reply but...

EAT THEM and if you dont stop at one just carry on.........

tomorrow morning you will feel so bad about it you will never want to do it again, and they will probably have an effect on the scales as all junk food does.

and your wild cravings should banish..

just a thought....
  • TiffanyTravis
    Options
    Full calorie Coca Cola. I can't stand diet drinks. They don't taste the same so I just have to let myself have on a week or I'll go crazy.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Well, you are doing a great job right now! I know what you mean....my two favorites and I NEVER stop at one anything! I thought that I would eat one cookie on Friday and I ate 10. Yes, 10. So I will not try the one test again for a while!! Best wishes!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    so many people will not agree with my reply but...

EAT THEM and if you dont stop at one just carry on.........

tomorrow morning you will feel so bad about it you will never want to do it again, and they will probably have an effect on the scales as all junk food does.

and your wild cravings should banish..

just a thought....

agree. thats what i do!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    understood. I love 3 Musketeers bars. I bought the little bite sized ones, but I can't stop with one, or three or ten! ARGH! I am better just to skip them all together. I have no control when it comes to them. :sad:
    Buy the minis, not the fun size, and put them in the freezer. When you want one take it out and put it in your mouth. I don't know about you but I can't bite through a frozen candy very well so it has to melt in my mouth. It takes enough time that by the time I'm done I don't want anymore.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I'm a peanut butter hound, I know what you're going through. Try grabbing a tablespoon of peanut butter on a spoon and licking it slowly like a lollipop. Gives you the pb taste but so much better for you. If you have it available (I have it for the kids) sometimes I'll drizzle a little hershey syrup on it. Not the same as the actual candy but sometimes its enough for me.

You can also indulge. Just make sure you include it in your daily calorie count. Try to give something else up or increase your exercise. I think a pkg is probably around 250 calories so that's not an outrageous amount of calories. Its just they are basically empty calories with no nutrtional value and sometimes opening the sweet door leads to more poor choices, especially if you start thinking well I blew it today so might as well eat what I want and start again tomorrow. Need to avoid that. Enjoy the mm's and that's it. Don't think of them as part of a "bad plan" - its just calories.
  • dchris1968
    dchris1968 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think once in a while it is okay to indulge heathily (sp?):ohwell:

My wife and I decided that once a month we would have these:
    http://www.eatyourbest.com/product/chocolate-fudge-brownie-sundae.aspx

They satisfy the chocolate cravings, and are not bad calorie wise!!!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    And one other thought - will power is like a muscle. The more you exercise it, the stronger it will get.
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Go brush your teeth and don't think about eating . Tell yourself you are allergic to sweets and if you eat any of it you will get really sick.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you're not sure you can stay away from it, just throw it in the trash. I killed my willpower so many times on things like chips and candy and I always feel like garbage after I eat it...your tummy might be sad for a while but you will be proud of yourself in the end!
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    Buy the minis, not the fun size, and put them in the freezer. When you want one take it out and put it in your mouth. I don't know about you but I can't bite through a frozen candy very well so it has to melt in my mouth. It takes enough time that by the time I'm done I don't want anymore.
    That's an EXCELLENT idea! I think I'll try it ;)
  • DBellino
    DBellino Posts: 4
    Options
    Figure out how many M & M's equal 100 calories. I think it's around 10. Now either adjust your diet later in the day to exclude 100 calories, or figure out how much exercise you need to do to burn off that extra 100 calories. (20 min. on treadmill.)

Sometimes a treat is worth it. I know that if I deprive myself of every little treat, I get discouraged. Good luck!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I had 10 on the weekend, 102 calories and I sucked the chocolate off each individual one to make it last. At the end, the roof of my mouth hurt.

This was also the first chocolate-bar-type item I’ve had in maybe a year (jubejubes are my nemesis not chocolate or chips) so I wouldn’t do it again. Put it away unless there are only 10 remaining otherwise you’ll find your way back to the cupboard.