It's lunch time, what have you got ?

Options

Replies

• Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Cobb salad (hold the bacon) from the Cafe at my office - Romaine lettuce, tomato, cucumber, 1/4 of an avocado, hard boiled egg, 4 oz grilled chicken, 2 TBSP of my own balsamic vinaigrette w/ EVOO.

And H2O...
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I just made a giant salad with romaine and spinach leaves, roasted red pepper, cucumber, beefsteak tomato, chopped spicy chicken breast, goat cheese and raspberry dressing. Then I had a greek yogurt for dessert. YUM.
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lunch is still a couple hours away for me, but I'll be having brown rice and salsa chicken... ohh I can't wait!!! :love:
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I went with the 4oz skinless, boneless, chicken breast on a weight watchers tortilla with spinach, tomatoe, green peppers and a tblsp of fat free mayo.

Actually, I had two of those an hour apart. I too, couldn't wait until noon. I've got a banana in reserve for my afternoon snack. :wink:
  • hevans88
    hevans88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Diced roast chicken (4oz) with brocolli slaw, drressed with low fat sour cream, a tblspoon of low fat mayo and curry powder
    5 ritz crackers
    water, water and lots of water!
    Afternoon snack (to come if I need it) - a banana
    I'm new to this so I hope that works!
  • lovenk
    lovenk Posts: 19
    Options
    Healthy Choice Tuscan Style Chicken (first time) and un-sweet tea, Lemon pie (yes, its yogurt:laugh: ) for an afternoon snack!
    Hope it's good!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Cooked barley with yellow peppers, cucumber, dash of sea salt, 2 teaspoons EVOO and 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar. I didn't realize until the meal was complete that the recipe I found actually called for quinoa and not barley. OPPS. But it was good none the less. I also had a side of mango. Total calories 276 and I fill full
  • sweetsunlover
    Options
    i had lettuce tomato cucumber with bacon bits ,chicken and mushrooms .
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Went out to lunch today. Had Noodles and Co, small buttered noodles w/Parmesan Chicken. Yummo!!! Need to drink down the water to help with that sodium intake though
  • ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Chocolate shakeology, pb, almond milk, ice!
    Its pretty nice to have a yummy chocolate shake for lunch everyday..yuuuuuuum!
  • CStultz
    CStultz Posts: 2
    Options
    Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers- Thai Style Chicken and Vegetables, spicy goodness! A half of a banana and my weakness (and one allowance for the day) an ice cold coke...grand total 440 calories...afternoon snack will be Yoplait Key Lime yogurt...and water :smile:
  • vzepol
    vzepol Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Small salad, my pizza replacement sliced vegetables with tomato sauce and a little mozzarella. Good stuff.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Today I'll be having my modified version of Magic Crust Quiche with egg whites, fat free half n half, broccoli, low sodium mozzarella cheese, oyster mushrooms and red bell peppers, accompanied by a fresh spring greens salad. All for about 250 Calories
  • codexica
    codexica Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well, I was GOING to have a burrito, but I forgot to pack a tortilla with the rest of my lunch, so I'll be having seasoned beans with lettuce and tomato. YUM!
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I had a spinach salad. :flowerforyou:

Same. With corn, peas, vidalia slice, and baby bella's for a full cornucopia of veggies.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm having a big salad with lots of veggies and black beans on it for extra protein. I am also a dressing hog...lol:ohwell: , so I have started taking 2 tbs. of my favorite dressing (Ken's creamy Italian-I can't find a low cal creamy Italian) and combine it with plain Greek yogurt and just enough milk to make it the right consistency. One day I will fully part with my dressing:sad: ....just not yet! I have given up other things like bread, rice and pasta...but I gotta have that dressing (for now).

:flowerforyou: Have a great day everyone!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatloaf, some fresh broccoli (I'll steam it in the microwave) and some baby carrots. Yum!

As a side note for people looking for lunch ideas - meatloaf is a GREAT food to cook up on a night when you have some time and then use for your meals over the next week. It can be made pretty healthy (mine is 93/7 ground turkey, onion, tomato, eggs, wheat germ, bread crumbs (just a little) and spices) and is a good source of protein. It does well in the fridge and is easy to grab when you're in a hurry and quick to heat up (or eat cold). Can be eaten by itself, on salad, in a sandwich... It doesn't even take that much effort to make - you mix it up and then leave it in the oven to do its thing. You can even make mini-meatloafs by cooking them in muffin tins.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be having a grown up Lunchable - they are called Deli Creations I think... and some green grapes! But I just finished my morning snack of a Fage peach yogurt, so lunch will be in an hour or so still.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatloaf, some fresh broccoli (I'll steam it in the microwave) and some baby carrots. Yum!

As a side note for people looking for lunch ideas - meatloaf is a GREAT food to cook up on a night when you have some time and then use for your meals over the next week. It can be made pretty healthy (mine is 93/7 ground turkey, onion, tomato, eggs, wheat germ, bread crumbs (just a little) and spices) and is a good source of protein. It does well in the fridge and is easy to grab when you're in a hurry and quick to heat up (or eat cold). Can be eaten by itself, on salad, in a sandwich... It doesn't even take that much effort to make - you mix it up and then leave it in the oven to do its thing. You can even make mini-meatloafs by cooking them in muffin tins.

I made turkey meatloaf the other evening for dinner and I love eating it for leftovers the following few days. Meatloaf sandwiches FTW.
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    I had a 6 in. black forest ham sub from Subway and a container of sugar-free chocolate pudding.