out of commission

Options
Hi everybody!
I started out doing pretty well, things are slow, but still going in the right direction. This morning, I had laser eye surgery :glasses: done which went really well. However, any exercise, strenuous activity, yard work, any dusty environments are all off limits fora at least a week, and up to 10 days. I am so scared that what I have worked so hard at will all be lost. I can do some walking, but I know i am going to rally have to cut back with my calorie intake. How can I stay on track and stay motivated?????:ohwell:

Replies

• JanCar
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I started out doing pretty well, things are slow, but still going in the right direction. This morning, I had laser eye surgery :glasses: done which went really well. However, any exercise, strenuous activity, yard work, any dusty environments are all off limits fora at least a week, and up to 10 days. I am so scared that what I have worked so hard at will all be lost. I can do some walking, but I know i am going to rally have to cut back with my calorie intake. How can I stay on track and stay motivated?????:ohwell:
  • JanCar
    Options
    Okay, I know there were some typos in there...still seeing a little blurry:wink:
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would' t cut your calories by too much (you definately want to have at least the minimum requirements). I'd just do as much walking as you can over the next week or two... walking is a great way of loosing weight...

Good Luck!

Lisa
  • melissa73
    Options
    Your not out of commission... You can do lots of things.
    Of course counting your calories more tighter is a must..
    Walking, walking, walking. You can do it.
    lunges, just basic stretching.
    squats, lifting light weights just more reps.
    just basic breathing sometimes helps.
    Hold your stomach in every once in a while.
    Lots and lots of thing just cant think of them all..

Be creative.

Good luck

Melissa
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    very low impact yoga. Keep you in shape and that way when you start up again, your muscles will thank you for it and they will remember....
  • jbuehrer
    Options
    very low impact yoga. Keep you in shape and that way when you start up again, your muscles will thank you for it and they will remember....

definitely yoga
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Be careful with yoga, you don't want to increase the amount of pressure in your head or eyes after surgery, so not a lot of down-dogs. Just keep that in mind while you are working out. I agree with the walking, or even slow cycling (stationary). But these are your eyes, take care of them, the pounds (unfortunately) will be there to lose, but if you damage your eyes, your sunk! I had lasik a couple years ago - I couldn't be happier that I did it, it's wonderful to be able to see. I still get into bed at night and am amazed that I can actually read my alarm clock across the room!
  • JanCar
    Options
    Be careful with yoga, you don't want to increase the amount of pressure in your head or eyes after surgery, so not a lot of down-dogs. Just keep that in mind while you are working out. I agree with the walking, or even slow cycling (stationary). But these are your eyes, take care of them, the pounds (unfortunately) will be there to lose, but if you damage your eyes, your sunk! I had lasik a couple years ago - I couldn't be happier that I did it, it's wonderful to be able to see. I still get into bed at night and am amazed that I can actually read my alarm clock across the room!
    [/quote

You are so right! When I sat up from the procedure, the assistant told me to look up at the clock over on the wall, and tears just started to come out! :sad: I was so happy!:bigsmile:
  • JanCar
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice! Even if I can maintain the work I've done so far, I will be happy with that!