Muffin top?

Options
What is your best advice for getting rid of that belly flab. I'm not really overweight...I just have a bit of a belly.

What is the fastest, best way to see results?

Replies

• ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    Cardio and watch your carbs and sugar.
  • JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Zumba!...great cardio workout, and so much fun to do
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies that is specificially what I am doing.

I love Zumba, though I took a class over the weekend and didn't really love the instructor...she didn't have rhythem...lol

I'll try one tomorrow morning.

Any other tips ladies?
  • LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    no such thing as spot reduction so def cario!!! And try eating clean!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Core work, cardio and only buying pants that look fantastic. ;)
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Get to know your carbs and how they make you feel around the mid-section... There are carbs that do make you more bloated than others...
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Just answered this on someone else question:

Girls are always going to have extra fat there to protect our organs and since we have all those precious baby making organs down there-that is where fat likes to go for protection. If you really want to lose it, well the question I ALWAYS ask people-are you strength training? Also, how tall are you? I am 5'10 and the last time I was 145 I saw bones, so that is unhealthy for me. I am trying to bulk up with strength training and I have been doing circuit type workouts and have seen HUGE results in just one week. My belly fat has gone down TONS. Strength train, strength train, strength train. However, you need to do it right. Cardio holds on to fat, because that is where it gets most of it's energy, strength training will help you burn more fat, plus give your body more definition without bulking up. So if I didn't drill it in enough-strength train. Join a boot camp- a real one.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options

Girls are always going to have extra fat there to protect our organs and since we have all those precious baby making organs down there-that is where fat likes to go for protection. If you really want to lose it, well the question I ALWAYS ask people-are you strength training? Also, how tall are you? I am 5'10 and the last time I was 145 I saw bones, so that is unhealthy for me. I am trying to bulk up with strength training and I have been doing circuit type workouts and have seen HUGE results in just one week. My belly fat has gone down TONS. Strength train, strength train, strength train. However, you need to do it right. Cardio holds on to fat, because that is where it gets most of it's energy, strength training will help you burn more fat, plus give your body more definition without bulking up. So if I didn't drill it in enough-strength train. Join a boot camp- a real one.
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I know a couple of ppl and lot of ppl on here did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and lost belly fat. I just started on day 1 of 3DS and I'm hoping it helps me with belly flab too.
  • Missjenn98
    Options
    Pilates, that builds your core from the inside out. Very good for belly flab!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Cortisol is a reason why I carry belly fat. It usually comes from being way to stressed. Mine is really out of wack. I take 4 adrinal support pills a day. Especially, if you are already fit and working out a good bit. Zumba is really good at helping you tone muscles in your stomach, but you have to be sure you are doing the move correctly and put all you got into holding in your abs, and swinging your hips a much as you can.
  • harpcason
    harpcason Posts: 40
    Options
    I am really battling with my stomach area. I am so tired of putting on my pants, then my shirt and see that roll. I change every morning into different clothes until I find something that hides it. I am doing a 7 week challenge and 1200 calorie diet and I PRAY that I can make it go away.
  • shanna5
    shanna5 Posts: 69
    Options

pftjill - I need to get into strength training and have heard the circuits are really great. Is there a specific workout that you follow? How often do you do it and how long does it take? Thanks for your advice!
  • BeastieGirl
    Options
    Hi,
    pftjill is right, strength training is the answer. I've had a stubborn flabby belly despite training for 2 years and losing weight, but I've switched to more strength and power training and the belly is going, yay!

Good luck xxx
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    bump :wink:
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    The carb thing is so true. My husband doesn't believe me. If I eat white carbs I blow up like a puffer fish!! If I stick to whole wheat etc for 2 weeks I totally see a difference.
  • shadyhunie
    Options
    Jogging/running, high protein and different ab workouts with weights! =0)
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    I really have to get to working out consistantly. Work is slowing down a bit, so I plan to get better at it.
    Eating right, and crunches daily...Plus a bunch of cardio classes...

Consistancy is the key. Now to actually do it.