30 day shred

Options
what is it and has anyone done it?

Replies

• NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You should search this topic- there are hundreds of posts on it! And some great comments!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I want to know as well.
  • adrienne4791
    Options
    Best thing since sliced bread :laugh:

But yes...there is a ton of post on there about the Shred DVD and its worth looking into. I own it and Love it! Jillian Michaels is a great trainer.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Its a work out dvd by Jillian Michaels and its fantastic!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels does a circuit training of 20 minutes with 3 levels each. Each level gets progressively harder. Combines strength training, cardio, and abs. Great for a quick workout.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    a super hard working dvd from j/m top notch!!
  • living_4_me
    Options
    I have been on Level 3 for 3 days now and it is still kicking my *kitten* - but I love it! It is a great investment as you don't need tons of equipment to do it (just a set of hand weights and a mat).

She has another video called "burn fat boost metabolism", which is also an amazing workout. It's harder than the 30 day shred and it is longer. Once I finish my 30 days, I plan to to rotate between level three and the BFBM video.

They're both really inexpensive and amazing workouts from your home. I am by no means shredded but I notice a big difference in my stamina and strength - and the new indents and lines coming out as I tone up are a bonus:)
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's a great short daily workout. You will be feeling it the first few days for sure! Highly suggest doing it.
  • mustang3
    mustang3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day Shred again yesterday in hopes of seeing the same results i did before. I have done the videos previous to this and had awesome results. Well 8 months later and 3 pounds of weight gain im ready to start it again. I do have to admit that i only did levels one and two but between walking/jogging/30 day shred and eating well i lost 50 pounds in 3 months. For the first month all i did was 30 day shred. The folllowing 2 months i started walking 5 miles everyday, jogging here and there, and 30 day shred when the weather wasnt nice out. Im excited to see what this round of 30 day shred will bring.

If there is anyone else who is doing the 30 day shred let me know and maybe we can start a little "support" group :)
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just bought this DVD today at lunch! I get discouraged by terribly long workouts, so hoping this will keep me engaged, since it's a bit shorter than most of my other fitness dvds.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! I've done 8 days so far and the difference I'm seeing and feeling is tremendous. I feel better after 25 mins of this then after 60 mins of elliptical.

:smile: Do it!
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels is awesome! I just finished day 27 (Day 7 on Level 3) and I must say it's still kicking my butt. I'm 43 years old and I haven't had this type of energy nor seen these type of results in years. I look forward to this workout each and every day because I know I'm building on the results I see in the way my clothing fit, the toned arms and shoulders and the tighness and toned up thighs. So far I'm 11 pounds down since I started 30 Day Shred and I last measured around 6 inches lost all over (2 inches off my waist) but probably more than that to be honest since I measured only on week 2 and week 4. You should try it for yourself and may I suggest adding a little extra cardio 3-4 days a week which will probably make it even better ( I added cardio the 2nd week only and it helped my endurance). 3 pound weights and a yoga mat is all you need. You will definitely have a love-hate relationship with Jillian but it's so worth it... GO FOR IT!