My NSV--Running! C25K

Options
I just completed the Couch to 5K program tonight. I ran for 3 miles! It took me 54 minutes (am nowhere near the 10 minute mile pace) but I did it! And ran for 54 minutes straight!

When I started the program 9 weeks ago, I could barely run for 1 minute without feeling like I was going to have a heart attack!

Replies

• modifyinglife
    Options
    Congrats! I just started I hope to see some progress myself
  • taraknits
    taraknits Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You are an inspiration!!! I am on Week 5 and 3 miles seems 100000 miles away... :)
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    oh my gosh. congrats! that is sooo exciting. I am doing the C25k program too, and you are an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You should feel so proud!
  • haradad
    haradad Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yea! Keep up the great work.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I know how I felt the first time I finished 3 miles... just awesome!!! Keep going, you'll see that running is absolutely addiciting!!!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    KUDOS! That's quiet an accomplishment.

Look how far you have come in just 9 weeks. Amazing what the body can do!
  • trecha
    trecha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    that is awesome, I am only on week 5, and the 8 min. run is hard, hoping to make it to the 9 wk mark
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job! My hat goes off to you!
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratz!! That's so exciting. I just got back from running W2D1 and it was tough. I wanna go back to week 1!! haha I didn't realize that it was only a 2 month program until today. It's hard to believe that in that amount of time I should be running 3 miles, but it's good to know that others are going along this journey as well. I'm very slow. It's hard for me to even log my workouts because my pace isn't even fast enough to register as a run, but I definitely don't feel like I'm walking.

Kudos to your latest accomplishment!
  • kgarza810
    kgarza810 Posts: 37
    Options
    wow! that is amazing! great job! you should be very proud of yourself
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant! Really, really, well done! I'm on this programme too, I'm on week 6 (day 3 on Wednesday!). It is hard to start with but I bet your legs and butt are thanking you now.
  • willrun4redvines
    Options
    Congratulations!! I love C25K, such a great program. Helped me learn to run and I've been running for over a year because of it. Keep it up!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That is great - congrats!! It's great to hear a non-runner (like me) can be come a runner by following this program. I'm on W2D2, and I love it so far. Thanks for sharing your NSV!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    I'm doing c25k too and loving it!
  • ilvpsu
    ilvpsu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Once you get your endurance, the speed will naturally start to pick up. Keep it up!
  • nthegecko1
    Options
    Congratulations!! Doesn't it feel amazing!! I just did my first 3 miles of C25K last week. It took me double the time to get there because I had to do some weeks twice before I felt I was ready to move on to the next. I'm slow too so now I'm going to work on getting a little faster.

Keep up the great work!
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Completely inspirational!! I am on week 3 day 1 (tomorrow). Hope I can do it too!!
  • Jessabi93
    Jessabi93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done!! I hope I'll be able to do that by the end too. I'm only on week 2 at the moment, but I'm loving it!
  • Tiffany220
    Options
    Awesome job!! I am planning on starting the C25K program as well. I am not a runner, but its always something I wish I could do! I ran the Warrior Dash in January which is a 5k with 12 obstacles mixed in it (I did it with no prior training, talked into it by a friend)....it was SO hard, but SO fun, and SO rewarding crossing that finish line! I finished in 55minutes. I am signing up for another race called the Champions Mud Bash which is a 5k with obstacles in June, my goal is to finish in under 40minutes, and hopefully the C25k program will get me there!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!