Just Dance 2 + HRM = 1 Awesome Workout

Options
I just bought a HRM (Polar) and Just Dance 2 this weekend and I love them BOTH! I burned about 300 calories in an hour playing Just Dance on my Wii. Who says exercising had to be boring??? The only problem is, I'm in a bit of pain today (I got REALLY into it). I can't wait to do it again when I get home from work tonight!!

Replies

• SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love to dance for exercise, too! I play Dance Central on my Xbox 360 (Kinect) a lot! SO much fun and burns a ton of calories!
  • bigpinkshoes
    Options
    Sounds like so much fun!
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I just got a Polar FT4 last week. I actually look forward to exercising now. It's my new favorite toy. lol....
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I've been playing DDR on the wii on the "choreograph" mode which also uses arm movements as well as leg, and it is quite the workout. 40 minutes of that a day is really helping boost my weight loss.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i love burning calories to Just Dance. Michael Jackson the Experience is fun too =]
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I play at my sister's house and based on my BodyBugg, I burn just as many calories dance (and more high-intensity calories) dancing than spinning! Fun! I wish I had one!
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is awesome! I rented it over the weekend to see if I liked it.

My bday is in a few days and now thats ALL I want (hint hint to the hubby)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    FYI remember HRM's count total calories burned, you will have to back out what you would have burned anyway to see what you burned due to exercise, otherwise you would over count your calories burned and if you eat your exercise calories you would eat more than you burned if you don't back them out.

To do this take your maintenance calories and divide by 24 to get cals burned/hour from normal activity and back this amount out from what you HRM says. So if your maintenance is 2100 that would be 87.5/hr (2100/24) so in MFP you would enter 212.5 (300-87.5) if your maintenance cals are 2100. To find out your maintenance cals go to your home page and click on goals. on the top right is says "calories burned from normal daily activity", this is your maintenance cals.