Need a little push on my running!

Options
I've completed the C25K and the Ease to 10K. Anyone have any suggestions for me to continue my running without getting burned out on the treadmill? I'm in ND, so it's not nice enough to run outside yet!

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    search "intermediate 5k" or 10k- find a plan that also incorporates working on building your speed now that you've got the basic "running" part down.
  • SARAHWALKER25
    Options
    I hear you~ i hate running on the treadmill or inside track in the gym. There is no comparison in being outside. Luckily it iwas not to cold to run outside here in TN. I did a 10 k this past weekend outside and it was about 39 out!! Stick with it warm weather is comming soon!!
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The problem for here is that it's too cold in the winter to walk, but way too hot in the summer. :/
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    I'm in IA and it's not nice enough for me to run outside yet, either - I've been making up random challenges for myself on the treadmill - running short 1-2 min intervals at a speed that is out of my comfort zone, or changing up the incline -
  • Mimigurken
    Mimigurken Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    go outside even if it's not running weather. We ran in -17. Still beats the treadmill. Lots of layers!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Google "treadmill workouts" - you will get some links to guided workouts for sale from different sources. I have been thinking about trying some out so if you do I would LOVE to hear about it :)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Have you tried doing some cross training? I'm a pretty new runner myself, and luckily it doesn't get supper nasty here as far as weather goes. So even though it is winter I can usually get outside once or twice a week, so long as it isn't raining. Still a weekly spin class, and hot yoga two or three times a week, really seem to be helping my muscles and joints, also both help with endurance and breathing.
  • tbranch3634
    Options
    i trained for a marathon and used this 16 week running schedule and really enjoyed the extra push it gives you.
    http://www.marathonrookie.com/marathon-training.html