Replies

• LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! That makes me want to try it... but anytime I try running on a hard surface, it absolutely kills my knees. Anyone out there with knee problems that have found success with c25K? Maybe I should start a new thread for this, lol. Congrats on your success, that is totally amazing! I would be sooo happy to be able to run for even ONE mile!!!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Working on Week 7 and never imagined that I would be running for 25 minutes!!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. congrats.

I do have a question though. I just completed week 8/ started week 9. I ran for 30 min straight. How long have you been doing it where you got to the mileage? In my 30 minutes I did 2 miles. I am thinking it would take like another 3 weeks if I add 5 minutes a week. Is that how you did it, or were you running distance each time?

I was just wondering (before I saw this post) if I did the time but couldn't quite get the distance if that counted too.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! That makes me want to try it... but anytime I try running on a hard surface, it absolutely kills my knees. Anyone out there with knee problems that have found success with c25K? Maybe I should start a new thread for this, lol. Congrats on your success, that is totally amazing! I would be sooo happy to be able to run for even ONE mile!!!

When I first started, I was running in my Nike Shox and my knees hurt, a lot! So, I got fitted for some running shoes and purchased them online (Brooks Adrenaline GTS) and once I started using the correct shoes for my running style, my knee pain went away. I still have a little pain every now and again, but it is not a big deal (to me).

But, I am not a doctor, so I don't want to tell you to go run a marathon with bad knees, but getting the right shoes really helped me, personally. :)
  • seasonalvoodoo
    Options
    That's awesome. congrats.

I do have a question though. I just completed week 8/ started week 9. I ran for 30 min straight. How long have you been doing it where you got to the mileage? In my 30 minutes I did 2 miles. I am thinking it would take like another 3 weeks if I add 5 minutes a week. Is that how you did it, or were you running distance each time?

I was just wondering (before I saw this post) if I did the time but couldn't quite get the distance if that counted too.

Honestly, this whole time I had just been running for time, not distance. But on the very last day of the program, I mapped out 3 miles and just told myself I was going to run it no matter how long it took me. So, that was the first time I actually ran for distance. So, doing it for time only definitely counts because doing it that way prepared me to be able to run for as long as I did.
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing C25K!!! You must be sooo proud. I'll be starting week 8 on Wednesday. I still can't believe that just a few short weeks ago I could barely keep going for 1 minute and now I'm going for 25+ minutes. Exciting. The program truly does work. You've just got to believe in yourself.
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go! I started C25K almost 2 months ago, and then used this as an onramp into training for a longer period of time ... I found a free resource at Runnersworld.com called the Smart Coach that lets you either maintain or aim for a specific event. It will give you distances, ideal mile paces, etc. I have 5K's this month and next ... and 10K's in May and July.

You're awesome!
  • shoover10
    shoover10 Posts: 32
    Options
    Great job!!!! I totally know the feeling! I just finally ran a 5k on Monday, also using the C25K plan! I have my first 5k event this weekend, so just in time!

It's amazing knowing that a minute was too much to begin with and now ALMOST AN HOUR is doable!!! :-)
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant. Just what I needed to hear. I'm only at W2D2 and you just gave me hope. :smile:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's an amazing achievement!

I was running (sort of) until I had foot op in November. Big toe joint fusion - not sure if, or when, I'll start again. Have to learn to walk properly again first.....:ohwell:

Sue :smile: x
  • seasonalvoodoo
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! I can't wait to run the 5K on 03/25/11!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!