I'm ENGAGED!!!

Options
Losing2Live1989
Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
Well I'm engaged now...so I wanted to start planning my wedding...I always come to yall for advice so I was hoping yall could share some tips, advice, or even websites to help with wedding planning!!!! I also welcome yalls wedding stories too!!!!

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :)
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    How awesome!! Congrats on the engagement!!
  • mrsdstarks
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Greatest website I know of is.... www.theknot.com
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Congratualtions!!! :drinker:
  • erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!:smile:
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    my fiance uses www.projectwedding.com - and I have to say I like the "customization" of it. plenty of links to forums/threads for brides-to-be (and some even for grooms).

Congratulations, and good luck on your goals... I wish I was ambitious enough to workout 6 times a week!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!!!!!!!:heart:
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I've been married for 3 months March 11th, this year (got married December 11th, 2010!) so I'm kind of a newbie wife :laugh:

Best advice I can give you and your future husband: DONT LET IT STRESS YOU OUT!!!

Seriously, we had weeks of stress with who do we invite, where do we do it, how do we do it, how much will it cost, we can't invite that person because of that person, etc....etc...UGH! It was so frustrating and eventually we decided that we were gonna do it exactly how WE wanted it and if people didn't like it, they didn't have to come.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was married May 22 2010. Let me tell you I have tired the knot and a million other sites. What helped me the most and became my addiction was Weddingbee.com. You will love it. I am still on it!

Congrats and if you need ANY help let me know!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Get a backdrop made or make it yourself. I am talking a thing like they have at the awards shows, a backdrop for taking pictures, with both your names written on it, plus you wedding date, printed all over it. You could have hearts and ????? loves ??????. Lots of creative ideas out there, you need to go to a wedding show, all the major cities have them.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    Congrats!!! im divorced to im no help!!! haha!:smokin:
  • trolleydolly70
    trolleydolly70 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

This is the website for all of your wedding stationary needs. Save the dates, place cards, invites, thank you's and all the rest.

www.papercakedesigns.com

Larissa, (Graphic Designer) is the best! She works with brides on ANY budget all over the country!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    www.roaddogexoticdancer.com

For when you're planning your Bachelorette Party.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for yalls help...yall never let me down!
  • Arester
    Arester Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I got engaged April 2, 2010 and married October 23, 2010.... it was a whirlwind. I found theknot.com helpful by using their checklist. It helped keep me organized.

AND.... I would buy and write thank you notes as you get gifts. Those were a pain in the rear to get done and mailed.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    www.roaddogexoticdancer.com

For when you're planning your Bachelorette Party.

:laugh: Took me a minute to catch that one.
  • lemonbug
    lemonbug Posts: 59
    Options
    CONGRATS! Check out the Etsy wedding section for tons of great stuff. I have an Etsy shop and make bridal hair accessories.