Long distance relationship?

Options
Hellooo! Just wondering if there's anyone else in a long distance relationship?
Maybe using it as motivation (getting fit til the next time u get to see ur loved one? My boyfriend is coming back from
a work trip in Africa in about 3 months, so the timeline is keeping me super motivated!)

xxx

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    my motivation is my family coming back from australia for my sisters 40th in June, they havent seen me since xmas last year, I didnt tell them im going to lose weight
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    not really long distance but my husband lives in Milwaukee and I live in Madison ( about 2 hours apart) but i love when he comes home and notices that I lost a few more pounds. I think because we don't see each other ever day it is more noticable, but it keeps me going because he sees it (even if I don't). :happy:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • alexj8403
    alexj8403 Posts: 38
    Options
    My boyfriend lives about 7 hours away, and I haven't seen him since New Year's Eve. We are both extremely busy and don't always have the time or money for visits. Having him there does motivate me to get fit in between and allows me to spend time on myself and making improvements in my life. However, long distance sure is hard! It's been over a year, but I will be moving closer to him in about 4 months, so hopefully that helps! Best of luck to you! :)
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My husband is in Iraq and my short term goals are geared towards seeing him again. While I ultimately want to lose weight to be healthy, I'd like to impress him when he comes home on R&R and then further impress him when he comes home for good.
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yup it's SO hard. Really makes u appreciate the person though.
    He studied in Amsterdam before going to Tanzania so I saw him for maybe a weekend every other month, but thankfully he will be coming back for summer!!! I agree with you rblauvelt7 the long term goal is def more important, but with all the negative that long distance brings I decided to try and turn it positive. For ex. It's GOOD he is gone 3 months, it gives me time to do me and work hard. If I didn't have a timeline I think I'd have much more excuses to not work out, or think "ah, I'll do it tomorrow"
    Now I really push properly! :)
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I realize it's not exactly going to be a suprise since he sees me on Skype and makes me take tons of pictures with our daughter to send to him, but I still think it'll be a shock when he first puts his arms around me and can feel the change.
  • InternSherry
    Options
    Me too my friend! The scariest thought for me is him coming home to a BIG surprise! :)
  • Macacadopai
    Options
    Me too my friend! The scariest thought for me is him coming home to a BIG surprise! :)

LOL!
  • Formandeeonly
    Formandeeonly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I met my girlfriend on this site...actually I think of her as more then a girlfriend...lol.... Here's the silly part....im in Russia working and I wont be home for a month. Ive never met her face to face...pictures and skype only.....21 days from now I fly back to USA and meet her for the first time.....I predict alot of kissing.
  • co1980
    co1980 Posts: 4
    Options
    My boyfriend lives a few hours away and I work nights so there are times where we don't see each other for a few weeks. I've been working out hard and I'm waiting for the day he notices that I've shrunk!
  • Macacadopai
    Options
    I met my girlfriend on this site...actually I think of her as more then a girlfriend...lol.... Here's the silly part....im in Russia working and I wont be home for a month. Ive never met her face to face...pictures and skype only.....21 days from now I fly back to USA and meet her for the first time.....I predict alot of kissing.

wow that's romantic! good luck to you guys!!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I met my other half through a triathlon forum and then we met because we were training for the same long distance race. :flowerforyou:

He has quite a specific job in motor engineering so has to go where the work is. So at the moment he lives about 2.5 hours away from me but we can usually manage to see each other most weekends, and with flexible working hours we can usually make it a long weekend and incorporate Fridays, so it's 4 days off and 3 days on. My plan is to sell my house and move to where he is but the housing market isn't great at the moment.

At the moment he's away with work for 3 weeks in Scandinavia, so missing him. But also a good chance to get some visible inch loss done in 3 weeks and get some nice undies for his return. :bigsmile:
  • emysirlaki
    emysirlaki Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My husband lived in the Netherlands and I lived in Boston. 3000 miles away..

We had a long distance relationship for almost two years. He would come to visit me on holidays. During Christmas time of 2003, I decided to do something crazy and moved to Europe.

I have been with him now for almost 10 years.

But now I have my family who live in Mass...that I haven't seen in almost two years. Miss them dearly but I'm going to the USA in July so I can't wait.
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options

wow that's romantic! good luck to you guys!!

THANKS!!!!!!!! I cant Wait :-)
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My husband lived in the Netherlands and I lived in Boston. 3000 miles away..

We had a long distance relationship for almost two years. He would come to visit me on holidays. During Christmas time of 2003, I decided to do something crazy and moved to Europe.

I have been with him now for almost 10 years.

But now I have my family who live in Mass...that I haven't seen in almost two years. Miss them dearly but I'm going to the USA in July so I can't wait.

That is sooooooooo exciting good luck!
  • tracykym
    tracykym Posts: 5
    Options
    Yup and here is the funny part. Your wife of 21 years and the mother of your 3 children is laying in bed next to you on our supposed vacation. Funny but I don't think u were thinking if kissing her while having sex with me. Or while you were trying to kiss all those other women at the pool.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My husband is coming back from deployment in late June so i have been trying to get into better shape :)
  • tracykym
    tracykym Posts: 5
    Options
    Oh by the way Mandee in case u were wondering. I'm Scotts wife. You know, the love of your life?
  • johnny51981
    Options
    Awkward...........
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options