HRM for big busted women?

Options
I am really wanting a decent priced HRM so that I will more accurately know my calories burned. I am wondering if anyone knows of a HRM that has a very large chest strap and isn't super expensive. There is no way a normal sized one will fit me, especially not right now.

Replies

• TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    BUMP **I would like to know too**
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump! I need to know this as well!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I guess this depends.... you don't wear the strap over your actual breast, it goes above (or I've seen women wear them below) your breastline. It should fit! I was a DD before my reduction and I didn't have a problem.

I hope this helps!! :flowerforyou:
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Most do have different sized bands and they adjust, but you are not wearing them over your chest-you wear it right under.
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The size of your bust shouldn't impact the HR monitor.you wear a HR monitor below your bust. Most straps are one size but are adjustable, but i think you can order a bigger one or smaller one if needed
  • bosox729
    bosox729 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Why not look at a wrist HRM? They are the size of a watch and extremely accurate...and A LOT more comfortable! No matter what body type :)
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies. I wasn't sure where you were supposed to wear it. I think it would fit if I wore it under my breasts. You've been a big help!
  • SongbirdLandy
    Options
    I will look into that bosox! Thanks so much!
  • SafariLara
    SafariLara Posts: 172
    Options
    I gots big boobies and my HRM strap is great. you wear it right under em :) haha I don't think you'll have a problem. I could probably gain 100 lbs (heaven forbid) and adjust my strap so that it'd still fit
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm large busted and my resting hr is 78ish based on my sportline(which I may return for the cheststrap)
  • writenina
    writenina Posts: 35
    Options
    My chest strap fits just fine - I'm a 40DDD

I have the unisex Timex Zone Trainer
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I have a polar f4. The chest strap is adjustable and stretchy. I just measured mine and it was almost 38 inches on the largest adjustment without stretching it. When I stretched it I got it up to 51 inches (could have stretched it farther too)
  • SongbirdLandy
    Options

That is the one I was looking into getting! Glad to know it fits you fine! I am just a little larger than you around. Thanks!
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I got the sportline duo 1025 ( $100) and the chest strap fits me and Im 44DD chest. The watch is a little tight on my wrist but I just wear it when I work out. Until I lose some weight hoping it will not be as tight. Im big boned anyways.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options

That is the one I was looking into getting! Glad to know it fits you fine! I am just a little larger than you around. Thanks!

I had a Timex Zone Trainer (as did another MFP friend of mine) and both of us found the calories burned to be grossly inaccurate. It's possible that it was just our 2 pieces (though we don't live near each other), but it logged calories burned ridiculously high. I returned mine and got a Polar FT7. The strap is MUCH more comfortable, and washable. The calories burned seems much more accurate, which is important when you go to eat back exercise calories!

If you go with the Timex, it's a super cute watch, but I hope you have better luck than I did!
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    I will look into that bosox! Thanks so much!

I use a wrist on and it wasn't bad on the wallet you should check it out really
  • SongbirdLandy
    Options
    what one do you use kelligonzales?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    You wear the straps right under the breasts (around your ribs) mine would easily fit a 350-400 lb person. It stretches to 52 inches so I think you'd probably be able to wear it.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    I have a bodybugg and that is on my left arm. I recommend it to everyone by far the most useful weight loss item I have owned, and I have lost 105 lbs already. The body media ones are so awesome they have an app for it and it uses Bluetooth I might just have to get a new one. Maybe
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    I have a Polar F7 and the strap is great!!!! It super stretchy adjustable washable the works.

I wear it under the boobs and have no probs.

Good luck with it, a lot of ppl.