Any TJ recs

Hi ladies

I'm trying to stock up on healthy, satisfying...yummy tasting foods
I'm hitting Trader Joe's tomorrow...any recs for things I should check out?

Thanks, Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi ladies

Thanks, Kim
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    I am a big fan of their Indian Chutney....and all their nuts....Oh Yum! I need to go soon as well..thanks for the reminder.

dd
  • wuzzi
    wuzzi Posts: 39 Member
    Yay, Kimber. I LOVE TJ's. They have an excellent bag of frozen edemame. If you've never had it or heard of it before, I'm sure you'll love it. It's soy beans and they sell them in the shell and out. Personally I like them in the shell. I would also get a bottle of their Kosher Salt which is perfect to sprinkle on top. Remember, if you get them in the shell, don't eat the shell. There is this crazy guy at my work who just eats the whole damn thing. All I can think is that he would have a hard time in the loo. :)

Anyway, good luck and enjoy!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Everything is awesome that I have had from there. But since we don't have one. I always send a request for my mom or sister to bring me mango salsa. Love Love love that. It may be seasonal but if its there I would definately reccomend it.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Alright I feel out of the loop now,
    What is a Trader Joes?
    I get that it is a store. But we do not have them in my area.
    --Diann...
  • azlips2003
    azlips2003 Posts: 45 Member
    Hi ladies

Thanks, Kim

Hi Kim,
    I do pretty much all of my shopping at TJ's. I've been eating their instant oatmeal for breakfast - easy to bring to work. Their boxed soups are good too - the tomato/red bell pepper is yummy and only like 70 calories (if I remember right) per serving. They also sell cartoned egg whites so you can make a quick omelette. I add fresh spinach and a little parmesan cheese.....I agree, they have a great variety of nuts and a small handful makes a great, healthy snack. The fresh produce section has bags of stir fry veggies and also cooked lentils that you can make a quick soup or salad with. Geeeze, I like everything at Trader Joes! It's hard to narrow down!
  • azlips2003
    azlips2003 Posts: 45 Member
    What is a Trader Joes?
    --Diann...

They may not have them in Kansas. It's a chain of grocery stores that buy quality products in bulk and pass the savings on to the customer. They sell everything from flowers and wine to organic meats, gourmet cheeses, great frozen foods, even pet food. You can check out there website www.traderjoes.com :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    What is a Trader Joes?
    --Diann...

They may not have them in Kansas. It's a chain of grocery stores that buy quality products in bulk and pass the savings on to the customer. They sell everything from flowers and wine to organic meats, gourmet cheeses, great frozen foods, even pet food. You can check out there website www.traderjoes.com :flowerforyou:

LOVE Trader Joe's!! Lots of organic stuff. And they treat their employees really well. I refuse to shop at Walmart for this reason. Trader Joe's has a store locator on its webpage. They also are environmentally sensitve. Huge in the Northwest.

Favorites: Apricot low sugar preserves (30 cal per tbsp) Mango Chutney (spicy/sweet), great produce, whole wheat tortillas, frozen vegetable stir fry, veggie burritos, good prices. My local store always has a food demo going with free "tastes".
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Never had a bad thing from Trader Joe's. They have dried mangos that have not been sweetened, they are very good, the only place that I've ever found them un-sweetened.
  • They have these really nice tortillas called "Sonoma carb cutting tortillas". While I dont pay attention to low carb diets I like them because they are only 60 calories each, have a nice pliable texture, and are decent sized. I like to make veggie and turkey wraps with em'.
    They also have plenty of produce thats conveniently pre-prepared and packaged for an easy quick side of vegetables.

Their pouched Tuna and curry items are pretty good but Im not sure what the nutritional value of them are. It comes in yellow, green, and red curry. Yellow is my favorite for this brand.

Careful though, there is plenty of delicious temptations waiting inside...I always have to walk around the carmel bites so I dont see them.