Whey Protein from Wal-Mart?

Options

Replies

• lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I use the body fortress, and I really like it. Much better than some others I've tried, and affordable!
  • jencoz04
    jencoz04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have the strawberry flavor of that brand. It is ok.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It's a decent product. It only comes in the three basic flavors. I had one scoop of it this morning in vanilla. Put a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon to give it an eggnog flava to it.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    My husband has use this for the last year and half. He does 1 scoop in the morning mixed with a banana and ice, and one scoop in the afternoon mixed with water, he drinks half before his workout and half after. He seems to like it. He has tried others and does not like the taste of it. He has lost 110lbs in less than a year.

Me, I didn't like any of them and the taste was gross!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    It's a decent product. It only comes in the three basic flavors. I had one scoop of it this morning in vanilla. Put a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon to give it an eggnog flava to it.

it comes in Cookies and Cream at our Walmart
  • jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options

That sounds good. I'll have to try that.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Just bought this in Vanilla. Have not tried it yet. Interested to see the responses!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I got the EAS 100% whey protein vanilla from sams club. I mix it with skim milk and it tastes like melted vanilla ice cream.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=181230&navAction=

I looked and walmart (at least online), didn't carry it. :cry:
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    Maybe I should rephrase? I don't care about the taste of it... i'm more interested in performance :) I'm interested in using it post workout ;)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should rephrase? I don't care about the taste of it... i'm more interested in performance :) I'm interested in using it post workout ;)
    Perfect for post workout, effective and economical.
  • rflowers7
    rflowers7 Posts: 24
    Options
    This is what I use post-workout as well. Usually a scoop of Vanilla with a cup of skim milk and a banana in the blender. It's cheaper online ($13) than if you get it in the store ($15), and they sell a 3 pack online for $35 with free shipping, which saves a few more dollars off the regular price.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I've used this exact one when I first started taking protein supplements. It's a good product, but you can find better (and without the added ingredients). Try your local GNC or health-food store (or athletic supplement store) if you opt to go that route. They do get expensive though, beware! This isn't a bad protein though! :smile:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i used to use this in vanilla back in the days when that was all i could afford...not bad
    try it out
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    Thanks guys!!