Foot stretches/strengthening exercises for high heel wearers

Options
I recently started wearing professional clothes for my job, and some of my shoes are high heels. I try to minimize the time I spend in heels, and mostly the ones I do have are fairly comfortable and not too high. I've been noticing my feet feel sore sometimes when I'm running, and I know it's from the heels. Sometimes I get foot cramps, too. Anyone know of any good stretches or foot exercises? Please don't just tell me not to wear them - it's just unavoidable, especially since I'm 5'1".:wink: Thanks in advance!

Replies

• walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I recently started wearing professional clothes for my job, and some of my shoes are high heels. I try to minimize the time I spend in heels, and mostly the ones I do have are fairly comfortable and not too high. I've been noticing my feet feel sore sometimes when I'm running, and I know it's from the heels. Sometimes I get foot cramps, too. Anyone know of any good stretches or foot exercises? Please don't just tell me not to wear them - it's just unavoidable, especially since I'm 5'1".:wink: Thanks in advance!
  • cmckellip
    cmckellip Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My foot doctor has recommended filling a 2 liter bottle with water, freezing it and then roll it with all my weight on it to reduce swelling and stretch the muscles in my foot. That may help you too.