Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Anyone drink apple cider vinegar? I hear good things but would like to know someone personally and how you drink it (what do you mix it with)?

Replies

• mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I drink it everyday. I drink it mixed with honey and water. It wasn't the greatest at first but after a couple of days I really love it. I have been drinking it for about 5 months now. I have always heard lots about the health benefits so hopefully I will be healthy for a long time. lol

Barb
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this too....
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    :sick:

Really? Vinegar? That must take one hell of an iron stomach.
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I drink it for a sore throat. I put pepper and a little salt in it. It will help my throat feel better.
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Honey and water.
    Make sure you get the cider vinegar "with the mother" if I remember correctly. It's been a few years ago. You can find that in the health food stores.Bragg organic was the brand I believe.
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i made a post about this a couple weeks ago. Generally people said it was a good thing cuz it helps reduce your appetite, there are just a few side effects in the long run. If you're taking the liquid vinegar stuff your supposed to just take it like your having cough syrup, there are pill forms as well, you just don't get the decreased appetite as much, because actually tasting the harsh vinegar is supposed to decrease your appetite.

There are lots of websites on it. Here is one for an example:
    http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/
  • circadianswing
    circadianswing Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I used this for a little while as a home remedy to the continual heartburn, in lieu of OTC medications. At first, it seemed to be a viable alternative, but as a friend correctly mentioned, after a couple weeks, I started feeling the burning sensation from drinking it in my throat. I tried to limit my use of it, but it was either heartburn or the burning. I went back to medication, and now that I have removed all white carbs, dairy, and processed foods, I don't get heartburn much.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i drank it for a long time about a yr ago. Apple cider vinegar has alot of benifits. it does help to maintain weight loss. Its supposed to reduce your appetite and reduce sweet cravings if you drink it before each main meal (3X a day). it worked for me when i was taking it. even after i stopped taking it, i didnt gain any weight back. i stopped taking because after a while the taste kinda just wears on you. But since you mentioned it, i might start again :)

2 ways to drink it before each meal:
    you can put 2 spoons with 8 oz glass of water and 1 spoon honey and mix it very well. and drink 30 mts before meal
    or
    take 1 spoon directly into your mouth. (it burns your throat this way)

now i recommend you do some research first, as i dont have my book in front of me. you have to drink it using a straw because it wears your enamel off your teeth.

and the best kind is organic, i recommend Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar. they sell it at GNC, vitamin shoppe or any nutritional stores like that.
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Honey and water.
    Make sure you get the cider vinegar "with the mother" if I remember correctly. It's been a few years ago. You can find that in the health food stores.Bragg organic was the brand I believe.

I have been buying mine from my local health food store but the other day I saw some (Braggs) in Publix. I also use raw honey from our local area to mix with my vinegar.