JEAN SHOPPING!!!! $@#$^@#$!

Options
So I don't know about you, but I HATE jean shopping!

I went shopping this weekend because all my jeans are too big. I can finally say that my size 6 jeans and my 28's are too big. Which is a great feeling. I figured that now I am in a smaller size that all jeans would look great on me! haha

What a joke that was, I don't even know why I thought this, my body shape (which is pear) is SO difficult to find jeans for, it seems that EVERY friggin designer thinks that women dont have curves,. Its frustrating. The only brand I have found that I absolutely love is American Eagle Jeans, But considering the fact that I am not 16 any more I feel so out of place shopping there so I would like to find a new brand that I love just as much!

I am Soooo frustrated because I just want to like the way I look in different brands of jeans. and that should be possible, I mean I am a friggin size 4 now.
Dont get me wrong I am sooo proud of my progress, I have lost nearly 3 inches on my thighs and the same on my hips so my pear shape is slowly melting away, but its frustrating because I would think that more than not, designer jeans would compliment me, not make me look Chubby.

Anyone else frustrated? any one have a solution?

sorry just had to vent! =)

Replies

• ChelsRich
    Options
    I feel your pain... I am also a size 4/6 and the only jeans that fit perfect are AE. I have also found that Hydraulic jeans work for me also..
  • modifyinglife
    Options
    have you tried Gap's curvy jeans?
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Rerock? Express sells them and they fit curves very well!
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    if you are willing to spend the cash I really like Seven For All Mankind and Hudson jeans, also a little cheaper but my FAV are Miss Me jeans... maybe try em out! Jean shopping can be a pain in the *kitten* <3 congrats on the size 4 though!!!!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with AE? My 30 year old sister gets jeans there.

Also aeropostale because their $40 jeans are $10 right now! GO GET SOME!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I will have to try rerock... and I didn't know GAP made a "curvy" style of jeans, I have NEVER shopped there because the few times that I did, I found that they only built their jeans for two by fours! I will have to try them out! thanks guys!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    I feel your pain!! ALL the jeans seem to smoosh or flatten my butt instead of fitting or flattering. I like the fact that I have some curve in the back and it seems liek all the jeans take what I like and try and flatten it out so I look frumpy or chunky.

I'm a size four now as well and I have spent the last two weekend trying to locate some pants... unsuccessfully.

Please let me know if you find a brand that works for you!
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    Oh yes, I can totally relate. For me Jean shopping is worse than swim suit shopping, at least you only wear that a few months out of the year. Jeans are a staple in my wardrobe! I am a designer denim junkie, I've been wearing them for a long while. I started with 7's, then Citizen's and now I like Joe's. When I was at my thinnest I was around 135 and in a 28 but I have good sized legs. Right now I am down to a size 6, but still have 8 lbs to go to get to 140 which is my goal. I bought a pair at Costco of Calvin Klein in size 6 which are now too big, but before I went back and got another pair in a different color (same size) and those ones are too tight. It's like I can't win! All my old jeans that I wore before I got pregnant with my son (3 years ago) don't fit because they've been washed and dried a million times.

If you haven't tried Joes Jeans I highly recommend them. They even have Outlet stores. Once I hit my goal I will go and buy at least 2 pair from the Outlet (2 pair cost the same as 1 regular priced).

Good luck!
    You've done such a great job, and don't give up on finding that perfect pair.
  • kimmerroze
    Options
    if you are willing to spend the cash I really like Seven For All Mankind and Hudson jeans, also a little cheaper but my FAV are Miss Me jeans... maybe try em out! Jean shopping can be a pain in the *kitten* <3 congrats on the size 4 though!!!!

I have tried seven's on before. I did like the one pair I tried on. didn't have the cash at the time, but was willing. Where do you by miss me jeans?
  • runnergirljaime
    runnergirljaime Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain *sigh*...I find the only jeans that fit my curves are Vigoss or American Eagle. I also ONLY buy denim with stretch in them b/c then I can get the jeans to fit my waist and booty haha~ Good luck!! :happy:
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just got home from jean shopping. I just spent more on jeans than I should have. But they were 8s and they made my behind look great and they were the only ones that did!
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the new levi's jeans? I have seen ads for them, they have 3 or 4 different fits for different kinds of curves. Might be worth checking out.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    the ONLY pants I will buy (jeans, dress, casual) are Banana Republic. I feel they hug me in all the right places! I enjoy trouser style jeans the most also. They can be very flattering! Love them! I have pairs in 10, 12, 14 and size 16 LOL!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped. I like J Crew's high heel flare and BCBG jeans. Express is good as well...
  • mpdes
    mpdes Posts: 40
    Options
    Can totally relate! I'm bigger than you but always had a pear shaped body and it's sooooo hard to find any pair of pants that looks good on curvier women. Dresses that's easy, you go with an A line dress and it looks fine, but pants, always something that looks not great! if they fit at the *kitten*, they are too tight on the tighs, if they fit on the rest, you can't get the zipper up, like seriously I hate it!
    I'm not wearing plus size so it's hard to find something nice in "regular and younger" stores.... HATE IT!!!!!

My advice would be to buy specific brands that are easier for pear shapped girls, I mean sometimes you can find a brand or a store where the pants fits you. I don't know where you live but I could give you some places where I find the pants doesn't look too bad for pear shapped.
    Personally, I live in Canada, but I go shopping in the states. I found that often Hiphop stores or brand make actually space for booty and hips with I love (and I don't necessarily dress hiphop). Apple bottom jeans leave space for those areas! Luv it!
    However, you gotta be careful because the design on the booty can make it look bigger (which can be either a good or a bad thing). ;)
  • kimmerroze
    Options
    the ONLY pants I will buy (jeans, dress, casual) are Banana Republic. I feel they hug me in all the right places! I enjoy trouser style jeans the most also. They can be very flattering! Love them! I have pairs in 10, 12, 14 and size 16 LOL!

I forgot to mention, I have one pair of Banana republic, and I like them, they were really comfortable.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I LOVE American Eagle jeans. I think they are for the real women imo. I am 28 and I dont mind shopping there.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a pear shape as well and I've had a lot of luck with jeans from the Limited. They've got some great styles with a bit of stretch that will make your butt look awesome! The ones from the Gap are pretty good, but they stretch a lot and the buttons on mine ALWAYS fall off. Express jeans are okay, but I didn't think they were that comfortable. DKNY has a few cuts that will work for a curvy girl if you're looking for a skinny jean. Old Navy occasionally carries a curvy cut, and you can't beat it at $40/pair. My favorite jeans overall are the 917 skinny jeans from the Limited... so comfy, decent price, and the super dark color works for everything. They're hot with heels, boots, during the day, at night, whatever. Good luck!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have had Amythist and Aeropostale (my faves right now). Everyone I know loves Silver. They are all different shapes and sizes as well. I personally haven't tried them out since they aren't that cheap. You can get them at Gordmans for about $40. You can also get them at The Buckle and Vanity but they are a lot more expensive there.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I know it was probably not your intent, but thank you for reassuring me that ladies of all sizes have this problem!!! :laugh:

When I was smaller (and I will be again!), I always had a problem fitting my booty, as I am a PEAR, too (to the extreme!) I have finally come to this conclusion though... make friends with a seamstress, or learn to make alterations yourself. I doubt they will ever make a pair of jeans that truly fit a pear shape (too bad--there are lots of us!), so I've learned to work with what I've got.

Good luck, and congrats on getting into a size 4--woo hoo:bigsmile: