confused... urgh

Options
ok so now im confused i just watched the movie fat head....they said that eating nuts and seeds and things of that nature are bad for you and like breads and pasta even whole grain is bad too. so who do i believe them saying only eat fruits veggies and meats sence thats what we evolved from or throw in grains and nuts and all that?

Replies

• autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    don't listen......these things are very healthy in moderation:)u need to keep a balance, one u can follow for a lifetime:)
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    First of all we did not EVOLVE! We were created in the image of God. Second of all, nuts, seeds, whole grain breads and pasta are good for you...so eat them (in moderation) and you're body will thank you!
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Really, people didn't eat nuts and seeds back in the day? That is interesting, and something I'll have to look into further later. Nonetheless, humans also did not evolve drinking cow's milk, but many people have now adapted ways to digest it. Nuts and seeds are great forms of protein, and if you pair them with whole grains you'll get complete protein. Enjoy them in moderation :smile:
  • darwintheboxer
    Options
    Nuts are a type of fruit. And nearly all the food we eat today is cultivated, whether it be grains, nuts, fruits or veggies.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body!!!!

When I eat breads and pastas...I then tend to CRAVE bad stuff, like chips and the like!
    When I eat tons of veggies, fruits, meats and nuts...I am able to say "NO" to the chips that are in the kitchen right now calling my name and telling me to eat them! Just got done eating 2.5 cups of mashed cauliflower...and I am stuffed! No cravings!

So I say...do what works for you...you may have to stay away from some foods, then go back to eating them to find out how the food item effects YOU!

Good luck!

PS - one last thought...you will find as many people saying eat only this or only that or stay away from these foods or those foods...low carb, low fat, etc...most of which are fad diets that can only be sustained for a short period of time...even the Adkins diet adds some of the food back in that you initially cut out...do what you can sustain...for a lifestyle change...so you can get healthy and stay healthy!