Which do you think would work better?

Options
I am debating on trying something new to get past my 130 barrier...Just wondering if anyone had an opinion on which would be better; Alli or GNC's Burn 60?

Replies

• mygirl15
    mygirl15 Posts: 16
    Options
    sorry this is going to be graphic but not ALLI all it does is make you poop ....my mom tried it and was only on it a few days....if you read the label it tells you to wear dark colored clothes and extra padded underware because of leakage....dont put yourself through that!!!
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    diablos is good... its an energy pill but it helps burn fat.. without horrible side effects, you just have to eat with it, I've heard that alli causes diarrhea.. but idk if that's true or not I've never tried it.. special K is what I've been doing.. the protein drinks and such... its pretty good so far I've lost 5 lbs in the last week... if not more i'm afraid to step on the scale again lol
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i hate to say it but if thats you now in that photo why would you resort to pills , you look good to me
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    sorry this is going to be graphic but not ALLI all it does is make you poop ....my mom tried it and was only on it a few days....if you read the label it tells you to wear dark colored clothes and extra padded underware because of leakage....dont put yourself through that!!!

while true that alli can make you poop more, if you follow their guidelines, you don't have that problem. you have to be very vigilant regarding fat intake to avoid the "anal leakage" issue. they recommend that each meal not be more than 30% fat. just check out the food labels where they say "calories from fat" and do the math. i took it before and had decent results. i'm getting myself back on track with healthy eating so i can start taking it again.
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i hate to say it but if thats you now in that photo why would you resort to pills , you look good to me

DITTO....To this!!!!=)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

DITTO....To this!!!!=)

I agree!
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Neither, I was at the same point.I just removed a 100 calories from my amount allowed and weight has started melting off me:)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think that Alli somehow keeps your body from absorbing fats, so the fat passes, so to speak.
    I don't think you will find much support for pills, they just don't work.
    Mix it up with your calories and exercise, or zigzag on carbs, you musst be close to goal and that's when consistency and patience are important.
  • Jodie_Wilson9
    Options
    I've tried both actually. I liked Burn 60 better than Alli. I lost more weight. I didn't experience any adverse side effects with either, however. It's been a couple of years ago that I used Alli, but I weighed around 158 then and used it for a month and only lost about 3 pounds. Maybe I could have worked out more, but I did follow a cleaner diet while taking it and that was about all I lost. I used the Burn 60 when I purchased the Total Lean package. I used it for the 7 days and lost a little over a pound. I know that may not help a lot, since the package came with the meal replacement shakes and cleanse drink, but I bought a bottle of the capsules after using them that week because they gave me a burst of energy without making me nauseous or jittery and I used them preworkout. Again, I followed a better diet and I did workout, but I didn't modify my workout or up it. The Burn 60 gave me a little extra energy so I would think that's the difference. I lost 5 lbs using Burn 60. If you decide to go the thermogenic route, check out Arson, too. You can get it at GNC also. It's a little more expensive, but I really liked it also. I hope this helped a little. Best wishes on your fitness/weight-loss adventure! ^_^
  • leelee03
    leelee03 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's answers : ) I might try to cut my calories by 100 a day and see if that changes things up a bit...I am close to my goal, so I know it's gonna get a little tougher now.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    It definitely gets tougher the lower you get! There are so many ways to changes things up. I really am against the use of pills, we have much safer and natural ways of being healthy.