fighting back

Options
I had a cheat day last week & put on the 2lbs I lost so I started the special k challenge today. Breakfast & lunch were around 300 calories, dinner will be around 300 & I burned 200 walking, putting my total calorie intake @ around 400 calories. How much weight can I. Lose in 2 weeks?

Replies

• Aaronc909
    Aaronc909 Posts: 26
    Options
    I would suggest eating more. You are going to put yourself into starvation mode and retain weight.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Whoa, that's a low calorie intake....you might want to eat more calories....your needs a certain amount to function....
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Eating as low as 600 calories outside doctor supervision for too long will probably get you sick. It's hard to get all the nutrients your body needs to function when taking in such low amounts of food. One or two days of 600 cals won't kill someone, but doing it for too long is very dangerous.
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If you're not consuming at least 1,200 cals a day, your body will go into Survival Mode, and retain everything you have, using muscles for energy, not fat. Don't do it. You probably won't make it onto a talk show as an anorexia survivor (they don't choose many episodes like that any more), so just go with a 'healthy' diet, not a 'deadly' diet.
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Ram
    I cheated yesterday and exercised my calories back, to where I had a few left over.

I am not a believer in fad diets but strongly believe in following good healthy eating as following the food guide pyramid.

The Food Diary in here tells you how many calories you need for what you plugged into it to lose according to your current weight. One, two or three pounds per week. Again I don't think it's healthy to lose more then 2 pounds a week, but usually people with a lot to lose will lose more their first couple weeks then slow down.

Learning to eat healthy for life is the key. Fad Diets and speed losing usually result in gaining it back. :-(

You can do it the healthy way. :-) You have a great support here.

sorry
    my opinion