P90x Doubles!

Options
Just started a blog as well as starting this post. I am new to myfitnesspal. Now on week two of tracking food and nutrition. Pretty much love it :).

Now, I am starting P90x doubles tonight! I have done it before but have not made it to the 90 days so I am hoping writing about it and posting pics will help me stay on track!

If you have any tips or suggestions please give them to me!

I will let everyone know how that first workout goes tonight!

Replies

• jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Just a ? if you haven't finished the program why are you doing doubles that is a hugh time comment. Or have you all ready complete the classic version and are looking for more? Details please.
  • Prisciliana
    Options
    I have done the lean and the classic before. Now working my way to the doubles. It is a HUGE time commitment which is why it is hard to stick with it...but I have planned ahead and hoping this time I can knock it out!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My advice is LISTEN to your body and be sure to fuel yourself properly. Right around the 60 day mark I started getting some tweaky spots and then I bonked in a few workouts. I needed more fuel and I needed a LOT more stretching. I ignored the tweaky spots and it turned into a muscle pull that required 10 days of rest. It really threw off the momentum I had sticking to the doubles rotation (though I did finish). It was tough...especially month 3 doing CardioX and PlyoX on the same day. I did get sick of CardioX and swapped it out for some of the 35 minute Tony Horton One-on-One workouts near the end.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I hope you can eat a lot of food! :glasses: YOu'll have to for fuel and to keep over training from rearing it's ugly head.
  • meljean30
    meljean30 Posts: 22
    Options
    PYRO is right!! CAREFULL! drink tons of water.. take in lots of protien, get lots of sleep. I love Tony.. ( come on who doesnt ??) BUT id prefer another more difficult cardio than what p90x has.. i love the weights.. What i do.. when i do ANY routine.. if your feeling the itch to go spin instead of kenpo etc..... or replace it with something equal .. go for it.. it will keep you from STOPPING.. When i first did p90x.. nearing 3 years now.. i never thought id say.. " im looking for something that makes me sweat more.. " LMAO!! Not even the PRO athletes can keep up that double stuff for ever.. they go in cycles.. :)
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    Hey,

as you already did the P90x...what did you do to maintain the physical state? :smile:

I've got a few more beginner questions about P90x over there:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/188145-a-few-questions-about-p90x

@ Thread-Starter:
    Wow...I'm really impressed of your plans!
    I hope you can work that out :)
  • Prisciliana
    Options
    Food and drinking tons of water is not the hard part for me! I am a vegetarian though so I have to eat alot to keep myself from feelling drained. Glfprncs2 I love the idea with replacing the cardio x now and then. That is part of my problem! I get pretty tired of that cardio x after doing it all the time.

Thanks everyone for your advice!!!