Chocolate Protein Shake Suggestions?

Options
I apologize if this has been asked repeatedly....I attempt to follow the forums, but I don't always get the opportunity to check out each new posted topic!

I'm looking for suggestions for a low-calorie (RELATIVELY speaking!) chocolate protein shake that actually tastes GOOD! I'm really unsure of what to purchase, but I want to start incorporating shakes after my workouts...

Any excellent suggestions? I'd love to hear your opinions!

Is it even possible to get protein shakes that don't leave a weird coating inside of your mouth, or taste like chocolate-flavoured Pepto Bismol?! (Clearly I've had some bad experiences! lol) If so, I'd love to hear what you buy!

Replies

• BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Special K! it doesn't have a metallic after taste and its 190 calories!!! they have three dif. flavors.. i've been drinking them they are actually good...
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I cannot recommend Shakeology highly enough. It is more than a protein shake and tastes AHHHMAZING!!
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I like Carb Solutions. Blend it up with a banana and some ice and YUM!
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I apologize if this has been asked repeatedly....I attempt to follow the forums, but I don't always get the opportunity to check out each new posted topic!

I'm looking for suggestions for a low-calorie (RELATIVELY speaking!) chocolate protein shake that actually tastes GOOD! I'm really unsure of what to purchase, but I want to start incorporating shakes after my workouts...

Any excellent suggestions? I'd love to hear your opinions!

Is it even possible to get protein shakes that don't leave a weird coating inside of your mouth, or taste like chocolate-flavoured Pepto Bismol?! (Clearly I've had some bad experiences! lol) If so, I'd love to hear what you buy!

Love this... I drink Special K all the time!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Elite Gourmet - Milk Chocolate. Its whey and tastes awesome.
  • BunnybeeJG
    Options
    yum yum yummy special k
  • jgeiszler
    Options
    i drink tera's whey chocolate organic protein powder. http://www.teraswhey.com/ i blend 2 scoops, plus 1 cup of 1% milk, and some ice cubes. it's 230 calories and it's yummy! only downside is, the protein powder is pretty expensive. i buy it at whole foods.
  • janiscurry
    janiscurry Posts: 109
    Options
    EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control - 110 calories, 17 g protein. I have one every morning as my snack. The only flavor I have tried is the chocolate fudge and I LOVE it.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Special K! it doesn't have a metallic after taste and its 190 calories!!! they have three dif. flavors.. i've been drinking them they are actually good...

Where do I buy this? Can it be found in a regular grocery store, or should I be seeking out a health food store?
  • Cshore84
    Cshore84 Posts: 11
    Options
    I like Atkins Advantage Chocolate, they dont bother me, but to me personally the Vanilla is the best. 170 Calories
  • kimdummermuth
    Options
    Arbonne has a great protein shake in chocolate. You can get the powder or on the go shakes which is great! Here is an ingredient sheet you can check out. http://www.arbonnemarketing.com/PK/dl/pk/2069_us_eng.pdf Good luck
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control - 110 calories, 17 g protein. I have one every morning as my snack. The only flavor I have tried is the chocolate fudge and I LOVE it.

I second this vote - I have one every morning. :) I use the pre-mixed ones in the little silver containers and I have found I *crave* them now each morning.
  • nclrsmith
    Options
    EAS is the best I have tried so far. They also make a dark chocolate flavor that I love!
  • BunnybeeJG
    Options

Where do I buy this? Can it be found in a regular grocery store, or should I be seeking out a health food store?

any grocery store... in the aisle usually with the nutritional diet stuff.. near shampoo and everything... I've been getting them at albertsons/jewel (depending wher eyou live) and they're on sale for like 4.88 lol or walgreens usually hasthem for about 7 bucks they are 8 or 9 most other places... its a pack of four plastic bottles.... and it should be anywhere that sells special k cereals and such.
  • Cshore84
    Cshore84 Posts: 11
    Options

Yes, you can get em at Walmart in the Pharmacy area
  • BunnybeeJG
    Options

Yes, you can get em at Walmart in the Pharmacy area

lol ya.. everyone pretty much has em. my guess would be walmart or albertsons would be the cheapest.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks, everyone! I'll definitely be checking those out!!!