New to this site and wanting to know calorie burn for P90X

Options
I am on here due to gaining more than 50 lbs in the past few years. I am also in the National Guard and things are changing there too. If I don't lose this weight I am gone from the Guard for good. So I am going to do my very best to get this done. I have been doing P90X for the past 2 weeks and am wanting to find out the calorie burn from each workout. I also been doing the stationary exercise bike which has been working well. My goal weight is to back at 174lbs. Still got a ways to go with it but going to get it done. My Sgt. is the one who told me about this web site and its great. It has all the foods that I have been eating on here, so the calorie counting has been easier to do. Well that's all about me for now.

Replies

• Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/147368-p90x-calorie-burn?hl=p90x+calories#posts-2000290

If that doesn't help, search for "p90x calories" on this site.

A heart rate monitor is the best for the cardio days, they aren't terribly accurate for resistance training but will give you more of an idea than not having one at all. There are tons of post on here about which heart rate monitors but in general it comes down to brands like polar or other popular ones and must have a chest strap.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I have been on P90X for a week (was on the elliptical trainer three months prior) and the best (and in my opion, only) way to track calories burned on P90X is through the use of a heart rate monitor. I have a Polar FT7 and use it religiously, even in the resistance training workouts. There is a section where you can create exercises and I have a specific exercise for each video (with the exception of X-Stretch). That way I can compare my calorie burn from week to week to see if I "Brought It!".

I have been getting outstanding burns from the routines (max was over 1300 on Legs and Back + Ab Ribber-X) so don't short change yourself on what you burn. The lowest burn was on Cardio-X (only 45 minutes) at around 700 calories. Suprisingly, I burned over 1200 on Yoga-X (kicks my A**!).

Feel free to friend me and you can view my Diary, including my Exercise section.
  • millerguard
    Options
    5098601.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter